Arizona Chickens

do branches pose any problems at all when it comes to bugs or critters? Should I wait a few days after cutting it off to use it in their coop?
You already got some tips to watch out for scorpions.. After you cut it down,,,, bang the 7734 out of branch on cement to shake out any scorpions. Then while still outside,,,, take a gallon of laundry bleach,,, and soak the branch by dousing. This would neutralize any thing small, to microscopic from life.
When branch dries out,,, ready to install.

When my son lived in Fountain Hills a few years ago,,, he encountered a scorpion in his bathtub. Not sure what the variety/breed it was. He was not too anxious to find out ether. Just finished it off🦂🎯🔨🪠✅

Woohoo! Today we're headed to get lumber to start the floor of the coop. He's waiting on a palm nailer for the joists, but we can at least get it started. The site we have for them is on the north end of the house, in a "clearing" (we don't have much open space with all these pines and junipers) that gets decent sun and is sloped for good drainage.

The 6' high chain link kennel panels will make the run, for a total of 20 ft square (with a 12 x 10 coop/shed inside it). The poured pillars will prevent frost heaving or other mischief.

The last picture is because I was out there yesterday afternoon and was happy to have so much wood cut for the next couple of winters. That is all from the trees we had to cut to put the house in!

101_2190.JPG
101_2188.JPG
101_2187.JPG
101_2189.JPG

Attachments

• 101_2186.JPG
    101_2186.JPG
    348 KB · Views: 1
Good afternoon AZ. We moved the compost pile so I can put the duck pool in an out of the way spot. This morning I leveled the area and planted a dwarf olive tree. If anyone needs a fast growing plant for shade and/or cover, I highly recommend an Arabian lilac. I planted mine in early spring this year and it’s over three feet tall and wide already. It can be bushy or grown as a tree, up to fifteen feet high and wide, and has pretty little purple flowers on it. Not toxic to your flocks and my ducks don’t eat it. We have carrots and garlic in the garden and the artichoke plant is huge this year. The ducks enjoy eating the artichoke leaves through the garden fence and pulled two rosemary plants out of their pots to root in the soil :barnieI left a pile of dirt at the edge of the patio that I need to spread out. My chickens would have made a huge mess of it already but the ducks are ignoring it. Anyway, time to put up the tree and get it decorated. Have a great day all.

Back
Top Bottom