Arizona Chickens

It was 92 today, and it's supposed to go down into the high 80's for the next several days. Most of the time it doesn't get as hot as the valley, but it definitely gets warm enough to need ice.
Same here. It got to 95 today, it's down to 91-92 at this moment. It'll be slightly below 80 at roost time, so that helps. And it'll cool down and only be 88 tomorrow. But then it was forecast as 92 today, make that 93, 94, 95, it might have hit 96.

OK, after reading this thread, I picked up some Blue Bunny ice cream to get the container to make ice for the flock. I hope they appreciate the things I do just for them. *cough, cough* :D

Now, you know that you really wanted that ice cream. I make ice for the flock from the washed out cottage cheese container's.

Last edited:
Now that the weather it warming up, I need to get out the solar oven and mess with that. I used to have a big solar oven when I lived in the valley in the early 80's, and got this one at a yard sale a while back but haven't tried it out yet.

If you wait until next month, it might be hot enough to fry the egg's on the hood of your car. It's 105F. outside right now over here.

Back
Top Bottom