Arizona Chickens

I got at least .4 inches per the weather stations online, possibly more. Enabled me to pull weeds this morning. It soaked the permethrin dust into the ground, but I'll wait to reapply it. My babies' roost structure was nice and dry this morning, so their new setup is working out OK.
We got a pretty good rain over here too yesterday. The electric went off and back on a few time's, and the internet was out for a couple of hour's. I decided to use that time to set up my incubator so I can put some Bielefelder egg's from my flock in it tonight for a test run on these girl's egg's. My next door neighbor want's me to add 2 of her WH duck egg's to my batch.

We got a pretty good rain over here too yesterday. The electric went off and back on a few time's, and the internet was out for a couple of hour's. I decided to use that time to set up my incubator so I can put some Bielefelder egg's from my flock in it tonight for a test run on these girl's egg's. My next door neighbor want's me to add 2 of her WH duck egg's to my batch.
But in addition to 28 days incubation, I thought duck eggs had different humidity requirements both before and during lockdown?

But in addition to 28 days incubation, I thought duck eggs had different humidity requirements both before and during lockdown?
Different duck breed's seem to have different need's and some duck breed's take more day's of incubation to hatch then other's. The duck egg's that she gave me to hatch for her came from the duck's that I had hatched on Dec. 31st. There were 2 boy's and a girl, so she want's more girl's. When I did that hatch back then, I also had the Bielefelder egg's in there too. The Welsh Harlequins take the same amount of day's to hatch, and are sexable at hatch.

That definitely explains the thunder! 🤣 It seems to have passed us by except for a few sprinkles. Last night on the other hand... Woke me up several times.
These meteorologists really need to work on their accuracy. Missed storms, actual storms that weren't forecast, forecast of 89 degrees when it hits or even tops 99....

Back
Top Bottom