Arizona Chickens

I candled the egg's in the incubator last night. I ended up tossing out all of the Bielefelder egg's because of no development. I think that the rooster is still just going after the youngest one's that are easier to grab. The 2 Welsh Harlequin duck egg's that belong to my neighbor's are having good growth in them though.
Well that's a shame. I hope he figures things out soon!

Hello Arizona. I hope you’re all well. Today we put the darkest shade cloth I could get short of using a tarp over the feeding area. It’s quite a bit shadier under there, but with the cloud cover it’s hard to tell how well it’ll work yet. The new feeder resolved the pigeon problem, super happy with that! I don’t know how well you can see her, but there’s a hen up on the back of that chair eating leaves on the willow acacia.
D5D59C9B-AE4E-4231-94DC-D796AC17FF13.jpeg

Hello Arizona. I hope you’re all well. Today we put the darkest shade cloth I could get short of using a tarp over the feeding area. It’s quite a bit shadier under there, but with the cloud cover it’s hard to tell how well it’ll work yet. The new feeder resolved the pigeon problem, super happy with that! I don’t know how well you can see her, but there’s a hen up on the back of that chair eating leaves on the willow acacia.
View attachment 3171890
Looks like a very nice setup, with the shade, hose, pigeon deterrent spikes, chicken pool!

I so enjoy seeing other people's setups (esp in AZ)! I'm still getting my area together. Finished building my nestbox today. Have the plastic box and pvc for the feeding station. Working on a roost area now.

Would you mind sharing a photo sometime of how you set up your roosting area? :fl

Buster is a Rottweiler/Lab mix. No, you don't want them to stay small forever, because then you would never get any egg's out of them. ;)
Awww what a cutie ! I love big puppers! We have a pit/boxer mix at my mom’s and in the house we are staying at they have Sheppard mixes and a husky.

I mean truuueee but they are so precious as babies 😭

Were you not able to boil/cook them,, and feed them back to the chickens????
I had already given them enough boiled egg's a couple of day's before that.

Awww what a cutie ! I love big puppers! We have a pit/boxer mix at my mom’s and in the house we are staying at they have Sheppard mixes and a husky.

I mean truuueee but they are so precious as babies 😭
Year's ago I had a friend that had a pit/boxer mix that they had named Electra.

Back
Top Bottom