Arizona Chickens

21 days til happy šŸ£!
I'm already happy. These new egg's that were shipped are a little bit darker shade of brown then the one's that mine have been laying, plus a couple of them have speckles. I know that some people like those light tan of brown so they breed for that, and some people like the one's that are just plain brown. I like them all and that probably will show that I will have a better gene diversity in my flock of these Bielefelder's. I won't have to bring in any more shipped egg's, because I think that I'm good with these now. I can just hatch out from my flock while these are growing out.

My next door neighbor want's to borrow my extra cockerel in my pen in a couple of month's to breed to their Naked Neck hen's that they got from me before. So, I'll be hatching those later too.

I'm already happy. These new egg's that were shipped are a little bit darker shade of brown then the one's that mine have been laying, plus a couple of them have speckles. I know that some people like those light tan of brown so they breed for that, and some people like the one's that are just plain brown. I like them all and that probably will show that I will have a better gene diversity in my flock of these Bielefelder's. I won't have to bring in any more shipped egg's, because I think that I'm good with these now. I can just hatch out from my flock while these are growing out.

My next door neighbor want's to borrow my extra cockerel in my pen in a couple of month's to breed to their Naked Neck hen's that they got from me before. So, I'll be hatching those later too.
Sounds like a good plan and you have to love speckles šŸ˜. I keep thinking I should try selling eggs someday. But all my eggs are small and I think everyone wants at least large eggs...lol.

I am getting them through Murray's too. Fingers crossed these are healthy babies. Everything I read makes them sound like I might love them. Smaller sized, regular layers that rarely set. And spots...I have a thing for spotted chickens šŸ˜‚.
I ordered 4 roos, 10 hens and one Yokohama red shoulder, just because I don't have any yokos from them yet. Hopefully enough to have at least a few decent birds. šŸ¤ž
I love spotted birds too. Good luck with your newbies, when do you get them?

Back
Top Bottom