Arizona Chickens

I moved the chick's that I had in the brooder outside to the grow out pen yesterday. Here's my wild bunch 6 pack. They were full of energy in the brooder hopping and jumping all over in there and even hitting the heat lamp. I took this picture of them this morning. They are watching the hen that is on the outside of their grow out pen.

Chicks in the grow out.jpg

I moved the chick's that I had in the brooder outside to the grow out pen yesterday. Here's my wild bunch 6 pack. They were full of energy in the brooder hopping and jumping all over in there and even hitting the heat lamp. I took this picture of them this morning. They are watching the hen that is on the outside of their grow out pen.
So are they totally separated from the others within your run or can they go in and out of the grow out pen?
Yours are about 4 weeks ahead of my 2 chicks so I can watch and learn as you care for yours. :)

So are they totally separated from the others within your run or can they go in and out of the grow out pen?
Yours are about 4 weeks ahead of my 2 chicks so I can watch and learn as you care for yours. :)
They are totally separated inside of an xl wire dog cage with some hardware cloth wire attached to it going a foot up from the bottom of the cage. There is some plywood to cover the top, and the pan that's supposed to go underneath is on the far outside of the cage with the purpose of giving more shade from the sun and to block out wind and rain.

View attachment 3445137
They are going to learn how to be naughty babies from the hen. I can just see it LOL

View attachment 3445137
I really think you should place a large screen flat panel,,,,,,,,, well you know what :idunno .. and play this for them on a loop.

I really think you should place a large screen flat panel,,,,,,,,, well you know what :idunno .. and play this for them on a loop.
Yes, but you should have seen how fast they ran down to the other end of their pen the first time that they heard Hawkeye crow. :gig

Sure will be nice to have some days in the 70s. I am so over the 60s and below. Been getting my starter plants planted in the garden beds. Ordered new shade cloth and tarps for the run. Need to get some dirt from the run for the little chicks to play in.

Here are my cuties... just because who doesn't like to see adorable chicks. :love

20230327_1 week old.jpg

Back
Top Bottom