Arizona Chickens

Still getting very few eggs. Started tracking 9 days ago. Normally 9 days would yield around 45 eggs. I got just 14. (8 of those are from just one of six laying hens).

They are molting for sure. Feathers everywhere. How long does this last?
Until the new feathers grow in. All of the protein they are consuming now is going to the re-feathering instead of the eggs, so find something that has more protein in it to help them to get that done faster. Some people add a bit of canned catfood in some wet feed to help, but stay away from the type that has fish or your eggs that you do get will taste fishey.

My DD#1 and her Hubby is currently in Phoenix for a Business/vacation combo adventure.
sent me this meme. At least she does have a sense of humor.
IMG_20230805_124841.jpg

My DD#1 and her Hubby is currently in Phoenix for a Business/vacation combo adventure.
sent me this meme. At least she does have a sense of humor.
View attachment 3600938
Phoenix isn't the only one that's hot here in AZ., and sometimes it's even hotter then just 111 degrees. How long will they be in Phoenix for?

I never understand why people want to come to Phoenix or Tucson in the summer. Most people are trying to leave here in the summer.
I agree, but it's their life I guess. Some of them are dieing because they don't know enough to get indoors out of the high temps.

Back
Top Bottom