Arizona Chickens

I have some Snowy Call duck drakes looking for a home. They're bantam ducks. Here's what the boys look like: View attachment 3617031
They're in molt right now...during breeding season the head turns bright, full green. A small boy should be a good companion for any size girl.
He is pretty! But I can't do another flying duck after our mallard. Thank you though.

You can always clip the wings to control them. :idunno
Now that I found out there are Bantam ducks,,, I really want one,, or 2. I just keep pets.:love
Well your welcome to a couple boys if you'd like 😃 I have some spare boys I'd love to find homes for! These weren't raised bonded to people, but they do greet me when I come out and follow me around when they want something. Calls are awfully cute 🥰

Can you post a pix with them standing up.??? I never knew there were BANTAM ducks. :idunno Of course I could not get them from you for logistic reasons,,, but something for me to keep in mind.:love in future. Currently I have 4 banties and 1 large fowl chicken.... All are pets.:yesss:♥️♥️♥️♥️💔
I should read the posts in order! 😂 Here's standing.
20221210_155952.jpg
An adult getting loved on by one of my daughters.
Resized_20220501_140210.jpg
A half grown girl.
20221223_121228.jpg

And a baby ❤️
Resized_20220130_104125.jpg

They do make wonderful pets. Our main birds come when we call and take walks out to the pond with us.
Mine are pet quality so their beaks are longer then the show quality. Means they hatch easier though ❤️

Last edited:
anybody in Phoenix or Yuma keep Easter eggers? This summer was fatal for 2 of 3 of ours.
I’m sorry you lost a couple of girls. Easter eggers are just barnyard mixes really, many of them have a LOT of fluff and the heat we’ve been having can definitely do them in. I lost a couple of girls, not EE, to the heat as well. It will happen again, all you can do is your best to keep them cool and healthy. Hope this heat dies back soon!

No rest for the wicked they say! My favorite Roo has turned into a real pr!ck! Overly aggressive with the ladies, rearing up at little people. When we ended up with two roos in our small flock I knew one day I may have to choose. The hens picked my favorite one too. They are horribly upset he's been separated.
Anyway he's "walking the green mile" today. Got our toddler in the face and darn near pecked his eye. Drew blood so he's got to go! It was the last straw.
Any Sebright lovers out there?!
20230502_180419.jpg
20230526_174237.jpg
20230613_074334.jpg
20230622_075000.jpg
20230821_075632.jpg

No rest for the wicked they say! My favorite Roo has turned into a real pr!ck! Overly aggressive with the ladies, rearing up at little people. When we ended up with two roos in our small flock I knew one day I may have to choose. The hens picked my favorite one too. They are horribly upset he's been separated.
Anyway he's "walking the green mile" today. Got our toddler in the face and darn near pecked his eye. Drew blood so he's got to go! It was the last straw.
Any Sebright lovers out there?!View attachment 3617447View attachment 3617450View attachment 3617448View attachment 3617451View attachment 3617452
He's a beauty! 😍

Back
Top Bottom