Arizona Chickens

Speaking of Aloha Project pullets...

I have 3 that I want to sell. One just did a squat dance tonight so they should start laying soon. They hatched in June. They are a little skittish because the bigger hens were picking on them, but they should settle down once they start to lay. How much should I ask for the trio?

One:
Al0104.jpg

Two:
Al0202.jpg

And... I don't have pictures of the other one. Kind of bland but a few feathers with cool tiger stripes and white spots on her chest.

Quote:
I will be feeding my other addiction tomorrow, scrapbooking! Doing that with friends, then Sunday is teaching Sunday School to preschoolers, church, potluck, home for a couple of hours so my littlest 3 can nap, then back to church for a Beth Moore study. Somewhere in there, I will clean up the chick cage.
smile.png

I still haven't figured out how to get the EE pics off of my phone, but I did find the camera and took some pictures of my roo. Naturally the camera turned up after the EE's had headed off to their new home in Laveen.
hmm.png
But I wanted to show Jayne off anyway, he's a very pretty boy, even if the clean face is a DQ.

27346_8-19-09_472.jpg

27346_8-19-09_471.jpg

I talked to Larissa last week. Things are pretty crazy for her right now, so be patient. She can't stay away forever. Lol...

If you have no takers on the eggs, Darwin, I am more than happy to remove the burden. ;b lol

As for my weekend plans... I rescued a ringneck dove tonight so I will be taking care of him. Poor guy looks like his wing is broken.
sad.png
Also, I need to muck the round pen and build some new coops. BTW, I have a contact for free shipping crates in phoenix if anyone is interested. They get them pretty regularly.

Well, night y'all!

Quote:
Well, first off he's a pretty roo. But, that blue egg had to have come from my only EE that I had at the time. When you picked him up he sure looked like he had wheaten coloring and we knew about the lack of muffs, but that is golden duckwing coloring... almost Salmon Faverollish. I'm going to pick out the very best wheaten roo that I hatch in January and deliver him to you come the end of February if need be!... also his peacomb is way too big and floppy. I had a gorgeous blue wheaten that I saved for breeding last year and then his peacomb just went big and floppy. Those are the only two that I know of that had the big floppy comb.

If I have anymore big floppy pea combs like that next hatch I'll really have to mark eggs and chicks to figure out who is throwing them and if it's my SQ BW roo, I guess he'll be history too. I do have another roo in with the girls now from my April hatch. He has great coloring and conformation but his hackles are lacking... but he is much larger than Geoffry so that is a plus..., but I haven't seen him snag a date with the girls.

Come April or May I'll be selling all of my smallish hens. I know which breeder they came from and they will just be good blue egg layers for someone.

Dang it! No good deed goes unpunished. I just woke up to the neighborhood stray killing the dove I just rescued. I thought the bird was just freaking out cuz he was in a cage. But it turns out that he was already dead & the dang cat was dragging the cage around trying to get the bird out.
sad.png
Looks like I have a stray I need to catch & take to the pound! I'm not happy! But at least I learned this lesson with a wild bird and not my chicks...

NICE ; Comments from my Arizona Neighbors !! I'm on the Arizona border in Blythe , Hwy-I-10 . Much hotter here than Verde Valley !!! Main thing is keep the Laying House open to creat a draft and plenty of shade . I read a lot of comments about Corn and Heat . What is suggested to us in place of Scratch Feed ? and even Lay mash has a lot of corn in it !! Advise me please ? Thankyou , Respectfully ......... , ALANB.

Quote:
I give them a tiny bit of scratch in the summer and more in the winter mixed in with Egg Maker by Manna Pro. I also mix in Gamebird finisher with some Triple T. (I get all of these at The Feed Barn at 20th Ave and Adobe) long ways from Bythe but if you ever come to town.

Back
Top Bottom