Arizona Chickens

Well the day has come that I must get rid of all my chickens
sad.png

Lost my main client yesterday which will Drastically affect my income and so knowing that I need to get super lean in all expenses and so unfortunately I need to find them all new homes.

I know this is not the time of the year that everyone really wants to buy extra chickens so with that in mind I will ask for 5 bucks for each bird to try and help make it easier to take on new birds.

I have quite a few birds so will try and get a good list of what i have here soon. Half of them are 1-2 years old (all those are laying) and the rest are all new pullets from the spring.

Breeds I have are barred rock, Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orps, Jersey Giants, Leghorns, americaunas & (easter eggers) , White Silkies, frizzles, Polish, and maybe a little more lol, basically a little bit of everything.

So if anyone is looking for something specifically send me a message and we can work something out there, other than that I will post the list of everything I have soon.

I will be trying to get them all to new homes by mid July probably.

After that I will also have some nesting boxes and a small coop to sell.

Plus I may sell all my Dog Kennel panels that make up the HUGE coop. So let me know if anyone might be interested in that.
I can say one thing about that coop design - I have never lost a bird due to heat, although that may just be luck.

Thanks all, this is hard to do but its the right thing to do for my family. With a new baby on the way i must save every penny i can right now.

Shaun

smjacob, Sorry to hear that you have to get rid of your birds!
sad.png
That must have been a tough decision to make.

Yesterday afternoon we got a quick sprinkling of rain-not enough to even really wet the soil, but enough to show how dirty the vehicles are. As we sat outside during sunset we could see an awesome lightning show that seemed to be somewhere over the Benson-Sierra Vista area, but it seemed that it wouldn't make it here. Then last night at about 3:30 am we were shaken out of bed by the thunder and dazzled by simultaneous flashes of lightening. We all got up and went out into it like grateful fools. That storm was short, but we got another one at about 4:15 am. Judging by the depth of water in containers around the yard, I think in total we got somewhere between 1/2" and 1" of rain (3/4" seems about right). Hopefully, this build-up of clouds will continue northward for you folks.

And then there were three. All my chickens seemed fine this morning when I left them out at 5:30 am but when I went back to check on them at 9 am one of my Ameracanas was dead. I have been using misters all day but I just do not think it is cooling down enough for them at night. Dang I hope I do not lose anymore. I even put frozen liter bottles in the coop with them last night and it is an open air coop. Good thing I only think of them as egg laying machines and not pets. I can not stand to lose anymore pets this year.

Quote:
Sorry Shaun thatt you have to get rid of your chickens. I would be interested in seeing a pic of the small coop and the dog panels you mentioned. Of course if all mine die off because of the heat then I will not need anything either. LOL....

For some reason, today seems a lot cooler than the last few. I will say that I am REALLY happy about how well the reflective insulation is working. That said, I am really worried about the temperatures on Saturday--I heard highs of 117 to 119. If it really looks like that will be the case, I may move a lot of birds into the garage. That will not make DH happy, but I think he will understand.

He's finishing repairs to the porch misters which should enable us to use it again, and that will cool off both the birds on the porch and those in the pen beside it.

Back
Top Bottom