Arizona Chickens

Wow! Sorry to hear all the bad news from everyone. I hope the new year will be a total 180. If I can be of help to anyone let me know. AZKAT, I know it's done and gone but if you have any questions or problems with plumbing I'll try and help. That goes for anyone really. One of my favorite things is undoing the load of crap you just got fed by " that plumbing company" There are some real scam artists out there, most know a little about fixing the problem but are just there to upsale and scare you into thinking it has to be fixed NOW. Makes me so ticked to listen to the radio and hear all the hosts endorse a company. Lies, lies, lies! I know, I use to go with a guy who was specifically asked by ins. companies to inform the home owner that they were screwed over by the plumber and would only cover 45% of the bill. Ok sorry for the rant, I'm feisty in the morning.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yep, natural born Jew. Although my mom converted to Christianity & I went to Hebrew school & Sunday school for quite a few year until my parents finally said, make a decision.

so, am i going to have to say that to my kids too? although, this whole 8 days of hanukah AND christmas is really for the birds. so perhaps sooner than later since they are making out like bandits. i think we are going to have passover this year for the first time. i feel like charlotte from sex and the city, but i won't convert.

yuckyuck.gif

Quote:
Yep, natural born Jew. Although my mom converted to Christianity & I went to Hebrew school & Sunday school for quite a few year until my parents finally said, make a decision.

so, am i going to have to say that to my kids too? although, this whole 8 days of hanukah AND christmas is really for the birds. so perhaps sooner than later since they are making out like bandits. i think we are going to have passover this year for the first time. i feel like charlotte from sex and the city, but i won't convert.

I never wanted to start with the whole Christmas thing but DH caved to the cuteness. Chanukah is SUPPOSED to be a minor Holiday (They tried to kill us, we're still here, lets eat), but so close to Christmas competition was unavoidable. I had to put my foot down about dragging a tree in here though. Thats not to say I don't love watching them leave carrots for the Reindeer. And the music rocks. When they complain about not having a tree I just remind them "It's a wonderful party, but it's just not OUR party). I like Thanksgiving much more.
Signed, Scrooge.

P.S. Pastrymama? Good luck with that one!

Last edited:
Quote:
So sorry to hear that Noel.

Our prayers are with you. (& yep some of them will be in Hebrew)

*** 'cause no one has edited such a short post before ;-) ***

Last edited:
Quote:

I never wanted to start with the whole Christmas thing but DH caved to the cuteness. Chanukah is SUPPOSED to be a minor Holiday (They tried to kill us, we're still here, lets eat), but so close to Christmas competition was unavoidable. I had to put my foot down about dragging a tree in here though. Thats not to say I don't love watching them leave carrots for the Reindeer. And the music rocks. When they complain about not having a tree I just remind them "It's a wonderful party, but it's just not OUR party). I like Thanksgiving much more.
Signed, Scrooge.

Funny. People's eyes get big when you brush off Chanukah - yeah, oil lasted for 8 days, no biggie.

And here I though I was the only Jew in AZ. My wife (bless her heart) thought Jews were extinct until we met. True story!

Quote:
Signed, Scrooge.

Funny. People's eyes get big when you brush off Chanukah - yeah, oil lasted for 8 days, no biggie.

And here I though I was the only Jew in AZ. My wife (bless her heart) thought Jews were extinct until we met. True story!

Hahaha! I see a three family Passover dinner coming up! That would be SO cool, and I'd get to use my Passover Dishes! And Sukkot! A whole week to invite friends for meals outside!

Last edited:
I am so sorry to hear about everyones misfortunes. You will all be in my prayers.

Heading out to work on enlarging the run. I am expanding it by 180 sqft. Hope this will stop or at least reduce the feather plucking and pecking.

I have noticed some of my girls eating feathers. Pretty sure that can lead to crop issues. Any suggestions?

so the fireman went to the hospital this morning after shift, mom was doing better. bp was up in the 90s, they were doing an echo on her and keeping her pretty drugged so she can rest and let the meds do their thing. she is stable and will stay in icu for at least another 24 hours. i tell you, i don't handle stress well. i need to either hatch something, plant something, bake something or sew something. BUT I CAN'T DECIDE!!!!!!!!! and i still feel like poo poo. but i am restless, however, cleaning is NOT on the agenda.

twin a is starting to cruise around the house on her double casts and is off narcotics, but still daily valium for muscle spasms. hum, maybe i need to pop one....

meg and mikey
i don't know how to do passover, but i think you know i can cook and bake. let's do it!!!! we could come to you meg. is that in the middle since mikey lives in AJ?

Back
Top Bottom