Arizona Wild Chickens

Wunderpus

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 7, 2014
Hello all, first time posting on this site!

I'm moving into a neighborhood which has approx. 500 wild chickens that roam it. They are protected as well. I have always wanted to own chickens, but have always lived in condos. My question is- if I build a coop in my backyard (where they roam) will some of them nest there permanently? Sorry, my chicken knowledge is not very good, haha. Thanks again for your help!

welcome-byc.gif
If you provide feed, water and a protected area where they can nest, they may very well 'adopt' you.

sourland, thank you for your reply! I assume if I feed them properly, their eggs will be good to eat? Also, if down the road I decide to set up my own coop, would it be advised to not let mine socialize with the wild ones, for fear of disease etc?

It can never hurt to be cautious of other birds hanging out with your flock. If your flock gets a fatal disease, chances are it came from other birds.

Where are the wild chickens? I have heard there a few places around Phoenix and Gilbert that have chickens running around at large. We are in Tempe.

Back
Top Bottom