Arkansas Blue egg layers

Pics
My first test hatch I got 5 black pullets, 2 blue cockerels (one being blue barred from my project hen).

This hatch I think it was a pretty even split between black and blues but I deliberately only kept the blues. The blacks are absolutely beautiful birds though. The 5 pullets from my first test hatch have the perfect coloration for me. Black without leakage and great sheen in the sun, pure black shanks and contrast with the white earlobes. I love the look.

They are hard to photograph! Always blurry because of how fast and skittish they are :p.

looking good

Hi all, its been a long time since I've been on here. Glad to see that you all have been working hard on keeping these birds going. My birds are doing fine. I havent offered any eggs yet this year but if anyone is interested please feel free to contact me. I can hatch chicks as well..... I have a splash rooster over blue and splash hens.

Hi all, its been a long time since I've been on here. Glad to see that you all have been working hard on keeping these birds going. My birds are doing fine. I havent offered any eggs yet this year but if anyone is interested please feel free to contact me. I can hatch chicks as well..... I have a splash rooster over blue and splash hens.
Not sure how transport to the west coast would fair but I am interested in these guys though my wife is Chicked out for this year I think.

Not  sure how transport to the west coast would fair but I am interested in these guys though my wife is Chicked out for this year I think.
Eggs are easy to ship across the country with proper packing. I am not experienced with shipping chicks (but can ship) however I received chicks from more than 1000 miles that were in great shape.

Eggs are easy to ship across the country with proper packing. I am not experienced with shipping chicks (but can ship) however I received chicks from more than 1000 miles that were in great shape.
Eggs would be good but I might have to wait till the summer heat is over.

Back
Top Bottom