Arkansas folks speak up.........

hugs.gif
Thanks FarmGirl01!

The more I research the Hot Springs area, the better I like it!!!

Quote:
These Americana's you speak of are actually Easter Eggers (mixed breed chickens really). There are several around. I have 7 grown hens right now, and several babies in the process of growing up.

Quote:
Check out http://www.ameraucana.org

John Blehm at www.chickhatchery.com has some nice show quality type chicks. He ships a lot and would would take two days at the most to get them to Arkansas. These would be the real Ameraucanas and not the esater eggers. the difference is years of breeding them "true" Most hatcheries will throw an Ameraucana male in with 20+ mixed hens ands et their eggs. They then save the pullets and any taht lay a blue/green egg they keep for breeders. This adds color to the flock and most from this mating will lay a colored egg.

The "Easter Egg Chicken" originally came from Chile in South America, discovered by the Araucana Indians. The true Araucana
chicken is rumpless (tailless) and has a small curling tuft of feathers next to each ear. The Easter Egg Chicken (Ameraucanas) are different because they have a full beard under the beak and have a tail. Cackle hatchery offers for sale the Ameraucana or better described as the "Easter Egg Chicken:. Cackle hatchery's breeding program objectives for the "Easter Egg Chickens" are: to produce chickens with a wide variety of colors, patterns, combinations of colors, with a full beard under the beak and high egg production of colorful eggs. The color of their egg shells vary from pale blue to dark blue, to various shades of green and a few light brownish/pink eggs. Their meat is delicious and it has a taste similar to quail. We do not offer a specific color variety of this breed; however, we do breed for a wide variety of colors.​

Quote:
Check out http://www.ameraucana.org

John Blehm at www.chickhatchery.com has some nice show quality type chicks. He ships a lot and would would take two days at the most to get them to Arkansas. These would be the real Ameraucanas and not the esater eggers. the difference is years of breeding them "true" Most hatcheries will throw an Ameraucana male in with 20+ mixed hens ands et their eggs. They then save the pullets and any taht lay a blue/green egg they keep for breeders. This adds color to the flock and most from this mating will lay a colored egg.

The "Easter Egg Chicken" originally came from Chile in South America, discovered by the Araucana Indians. The true Araucana
chicken is rumpless (tailless) and has a small curling tuft of feathers next to each ear. The Easter Egg Chicken (Ameraucanas) are different because they have a full beard under the beak and have a tail. Cackle hatchery offers for sale the Ameraucana or better described as the "Easter Egg Chicken:. Cackle hatchery's breeding program objectives for the "Easter Egg Chickens" are: to produce chickens with a wide variety of colors, patterns, combinations of colors, with a full beard under the beak and high egg production of colorful eggs. The color of their egg shells vary from pale blue to dark blue, to various shades of green and a few light brownish/pink eggs. Their meat is delicious and it has a taste similar to quail. We do not offer a specific color variety of this breed; however, we do breed for a wide variety of colors.

Don't let the shipping keep you from getting really good birds. Its really easy and is worth the money. I done it a few times. Worth it!

There's alot of EE owners in Arkansas...come to think of it, all over! lol
tongue.png

I know of 2, but they told me the other day it won't be till Spring till they have some ready to sell.
Also, if you have access to dial-a-trade or something along those lines, call it in...you never know!
frow.gif

Another North Central Arkansas Checking in, had my chicks less than 1 week!!!

15 white rocks
+ 15 buffs
____
30 Chicks of Fun

building a coop this weekend - man this farming thing is pretty fun!

I copied this from the Show section. I hope they don't mind me reposting.

:)Our Lead 4-Life 4-H Club is hosting a Poultry Show in Mena, AR.

Proceeds go to make needed repairs and improvements to our Poultry and Rabbit Barn at the Polk County Fairgrounds.

Entry Deadline is November 5th, 2011

210 Bird Limit (Chickens Only, no Water Fowl)

Got to http://www.rkrpoultryfarms.com/poultryshow.html for the show catalog and details of the show. It is not a sanctioned show. Judge is Lewis Hinkle.

We are hoping to raise enough money to make repairs to the roof of our the Poultry and Rabbit Barn and make improvements to the barn.

Cash prize money for Grand Champion and Reserve Grand Champion for Large Fowl and Bantam as well as Commercial Trio has been donated from local businesses.

Anyone wanting to donate to help our Polk County 4-H Clubs make these repairs may do so by visiting the link above for details on donating. Also having a silent auction and a raffle so if you want to donate an item(s) this either of these.

Thanks, hope you can come to our show and show your support for 4-H.

I got one of those in the mail. We're going to help out the 4-H'ers, its a good way for them to earn money. I will send a donation and entry form.

Mena is a real nice area. If you drive to Mena mountain you can stay at the lodge and have a real good meal. Nice place. Great view.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom