Arkansas folks speak up.........

Ok, another question:) I'm going to have a lot of them I imagine! Out of our 11 girls, one is clearly the biggest and seems to be the bossiest/rowdiest. I'm noticing she pecks at the others' eyes A LOT. The other chicks do it occasionally but she's pesky about it. Is this normal or do I need to try and fix it before someone gets hurt?....If you look at the picture I posted she's the one poking her head up and looking at me as soon as I open the box and she just might be the favorite
love.gif

Hello folks, just giving the intro. Had chickens as a kid in Benton but now live in Sherwood.

Got 4 chicks from the Beebe flea market a few weeks ago and the chicks are having their first night out in the run/coop tonight. They wouldn't stay in the coop so they ended up nestled up in the corner of the run in pine shavings. The run/coop are completely enclosed so they are safe. They are free to roam the backyard when we are home so they are in familiar surroundings.

One question. They are supposed to be black Austrolopes but look like they have to white feathering coming out here and there. Doesn't bother me if they are not Austrolopes.

Back
Top Bottom