Arkansas folks speak up.........

We had a baby Guinea hatch the yesterday and it has a crook in his neck and it's feet are crooked it drank a little water this morning but hasn't eaten anything yet. Anything we can do for it. any suggestion's

i raise peacocks & this is what we do for those problems: wrap gause around it's neck....crooked toes use a thin double stick tape...place it's foot on the tape position it's toes so they are straight wrap rest of tape on top of toes..trim excess & put on pine shavings so it wont stick to a surface...keep an eye on your bird because at first both feet can stick together.....after a little while the pine shaving dust will cover exposed parts of tape & eliminate that problem. i have used these methods many times on a variety of birds & have yet to have them fail. about 4-5 days remove tape & gause. see photo. hope this helps. jerry - rocky hill farm

Here is Fluke the little Guinea that hatched in the incubator late

you can see that his feet and neck are crooked in this pic

Here Fluke is with his neck brace and tape shoe his neck is getting straighter and his toes are straightening too

I've fixed crooked toes lots of times. That method works great. Your doing a good job.
clap.gif

Back
Top Bottom