Arkansas folks speak up.........

My first attempt sucked. Lost all of them. This time I've made it to day 26 and two have pipped internally and externally. However we are doing this with no electricity.

If even these two babies are successful, shouldn't I earn some BYC street cred or something. Lol!

I'd just watch and listen for now, if nothing by in the morning maybe give them a helping hand.

So how'd it go? Did you have to help them?

Sorry. Devices needed to be charged. All four ducks are still alive. 1 is almost completely hatched. 2 are about halfway and 1 is just getting started.

They seem so slow and for lack of a better word lazier than when the chicks hatched. I'm not sure if this has to do with interruption of their incubation or tough shells (they seem so thick) or if this is just how ducks are.

Since its been 30 hours and we have no estimation when we will have power, Papaw decided to pull out the generator so they are plugged in now.

Sorry. Devices needed to be charged. All four ducks are still alive. 1 is almost completely hatched. 2 are about halfway and 1 is just getting started.

They seem so slow and for lack of a better word lazier than when the chicks hatched. I'm not sure if this has to do with interruption of their incubation or tough shells (they seem so thick) or if this is just how ducks are.

Since its been 30 hours and we have no estimation when we will have power, Papaw decided to pull out the generator so they are plugged in now.

Good for papaw. So glad they are hatching for you now.

Baby Duck "D" was the first to hatch! She's a pekin-black Swedish mix.

Back
Top Bottom