Arkansas folks speak up.........

That'd be awesome! How much per dozen?
Joelene if you are just wanting some hatching eggs to play with, I have some backyard mutts that I could bring you some eggs for. I come to Fort Smith pretty often. Just PM me if you want more details on the birds.

Hello all!
Lowell AR in NW AR here.
Have a few BO and one suspected RSL.
Will be looking to expand the flock soon.
Greg
Welcome! I have been out of state for the holidays. got home after dark and haven't even seen my fluffy friends. My critter sitter said all was well and no one floated away with the rain! We will see in the A.M.

ISO Silkie hen or pullet.
My 8 yo daughter has been after me about getting at least one silkie for her. She loves the "puff ball chickens" as she calls them. I could order them online, but don't want to order multiple amounts as I mainly have laying and meat chickens and the one bantam we do have (our black Japanese "Prissy" ) is a bit wild and doesn't allow any chicken cuddling.

ISO Silkie hen or pullet.
My 8 yo daughter has been after me about getting at least one silkie for her. She loves the "puff ball chickens" as she calls them. I could order them online, but don't want to order multiple amounts as I mainly have laying and meat chickens and the one bantam we do have (our black Japanese "Prissy" ) is a bit wild and doesn't allow any chicken cuddling.

There is a lady in the Waldron area that breeds silkies if you are happen to be in that part of the state. I might be able to get more info. for you.

I was planning on doing that in this thread but just haven’t got around to it. I’m kind of tied up today but I’ll try to get to it tomorrow. I think they may be too “blotchy” for you but that’s your call.

Something else I need to mention. I’ve noticed last year that some chicks that hatch red feather out black. I’m not sure what that is, I think it’s a recessive melanizer. Not sure where it came from, that’s mainly why I think it is recessive. It's been three years since I added new blood.

I was planning on doing that in this thread but just haven’t got around to it. I’m kind of tied up today but I’ll try to get to it tomorrow. I think they may be too “blotchy” for you but that’s your call.

Something else I need to mention. I’ve noticed last year that some chicks that hatch red feather out black. I’m not sure what that is, I think it’s a recessive melanizer. Not sure where it came from, that’s mainly why I think it is recessive. It's been three years since I added new blood.

Sounds good.

I may still give them a try if they are good birds. Sometimes things work out when put to the right genes. Too bad I don't understand them better, most of mine is trial and error.

As requested Draye. I'll put them on that other thread you mentioned.

The one that appears almost white was a normal black mottled until her first adult molt at age two. A redone did that too but not as bad.

Back
Top Bottom