Arkansas folks speak up.........

I looked in most all the lists here an seen only a few folks from AR I know there must be more around .....I am in west central not to far from a place called Mena ........anyone else around???just so y'all will be able to put a face to the person
startedwithbeardFB1.jpg

I'm in Hot springs county Arkansas!

I'm in Conway. I have 4 hens in my back yard right in city limits they give us a few fresh eggs everyday even with it being so cold out. I'm so proud of my girls

Linda

My production dropped during that spell too but it seems to have mostly recovered. Most of mine are pullets laying through their first winter but a couple of older hens have finished their molt and gone back to laying.

I have a main run that didn’t get much snow in it and an open area in electric netting that had maybe one inch of snow. I had a few that never left the coop but most went into the main run the first day. I saw tracks where a couple took a short walk in the snow the first day but it was a short trip. The second day there were a lot more tracks and I saw some walking out in it. Then it melted.

If mine dropped their production it wasn't much. I'm still getting between 9 and 12 eggs a day. Although I think it effects mine a little more a day or two after the storms.

Well I grabbed up one of my PR pullets yesterday that I thought was probably laying but she is only two fingers wide. I may only have one or two laying since I am only getting one egg per day. I need to check out all my girls instead of guessing. Since they are all about eight months old I thought for sure they were all laying. Oh well, that's what I get for thinking, lol.

Back
Top Bottom