Arkansas Meet-Ups, Swaps and Such

Roosters for sale:
2yr old Black Minorca- $10
8m old Mottled Java Roosters (2)- $10 per bird
6m old Egyptian Fayoumis Roosters (2)-$10 per bird

Pullets for sale:
6wk Cinnamon Queens (5)- $5 per bird

Downsizing the flock, we have too many Roosters and cinnamon queens were sold to us as another breed which we now know they are not and do not need them. Would like to sell them all together.

PM me for photos

Located in Northwest AR

I have 3 puuuuurdy 2+ months old Wheaten Ameraucana cockerels for sale in the Ozark area. Super sweet and handled by children regularly. These guys are really, really beautiful! $10 each

Last edited:
Last auction in in Benton didn't bring the best prices. As far as I know the next sake will be June 25th.

I'll probably be there but most like wont have anything to take to sake.

Last auction in in Benton didn't bring the best prices. As far as I know the next sake will be June 25th.

I'll probably be there but most like wont have anything to take to sake.
Hope it is a good one. I'm not in the market for anything right now. Growing out babies and I am sure I will be needing to offload some roos soon.
th.gif

I know I am going to offend someone, but the best solution I found to an excess of roos/cockerels was lunch. (or dinner).
lol.png
I know but some breeds are more feather than meat and my family has issues with the whole idea of eating "our pets". That doesn't offend me at all.

Mostly, I am just too lazy to do the cleaning, esp. if it isn't really a meat bird.

I know I am going to offend someone, but the best solution I found to an excess of roos/cockerels was lunch.  (or dinner).  :lol:

That's what I do with sone of mine. Not these last two though go they were way to though.

Last edited:
I know but some breeds are more feather than meat and my family has issues with the whole idea of eating "our pets". That doesn't offend me at all.

Mostly, I am just too lazy to do the cleaning, esp. if it isn't really a meat bird.
See, I was farm-raised. We bottle fed calves and then happily let them return the favor of feeding us. However, you are right about some breeds. I am pretty sure I couldn't force myself to eat any of the black fleshed breeds. Cold chills at the very idea. LOL

See, I was farm-raised. We bottle fed calves and then happily let them return the favor of feeding us. However, you are right about some breeds. I am pretty sure I couldn't force myself to eat any of the black fleshed breeds. Cold chills at the very idea. LOL
I would like to try it. My grandparents were on the farm and we had a calf every year that fed us. My hubby has never really been around that and to him every animal is a pet. The kids are pretty much the same way. If it were just me, I would probably have a grow out pen for the roos and then send them to freezer camp if they were worth eating but the cochins I have growing out now, I don't think there will be much too them, unless you want a feather sandwich!

I would like to try it. My grandparents were on the farm and we had a calf every year that fed us. My hubby has never really been around that and to him every animal is a pet. The kids are pretty much the same way. If it were just me, I would probably have a grow out pen for the roos and then send them to freezer camp if they were worth eating but the cochins I have growing out now, I don't think there will be much too them, unless you want a feather sandwich!
Especially the bantams!!! It is different when they haven't been exposed all their life. My oldest daughter had some doubts. However, she quickly decided that the pigs we fed out were quite tasty. :) Good luck on convincing the family. You know what the ones you raise have been fed.

Back
Top Bottom