Arkansas Meet-Ups, Swaps and Such

Do you have dates for Saline sale yet?

I have some sweet Cochin Cockerels that need new homes.  :)

I have not a for sure confirmation, but the last I heard it is scheduled for September 24th. She usually updates everything about three weeks in advance.

Bummer!  We have other plans for that day.  :-(  Both my kids are at ASMSA in Hot Springs this year so I hope to make it down sometime. 

Awesome! I'm alumni from ASMSA.... But when I went, it didn't have the extra A at the end.
1f60a.png

September 24th at the fairgrounds. Auction @ 11:00 am.

Nothing official had been posted so far, but that was the jlast known date.

Last edited:
Are the majority of people buying ducks out there looking for pets or a meal? Can you stipulate that you'd like them to go to an existing flock?

Are the majority of people buying ducks out there looking for pets or a meal? Can you stipulate that you'd like them to go to an existing flock?

You asking me? They just sell them no one has to tell for what purpose they are buying them. When you sell that is what you get, when you tell someone that you want them to go as pets they'll flat out lie and tell that is what they are doing with them, but then they usually turn around and sell them for a profit or make a meal out of them.

You cannot simple dictate what someone does with them once they are sold to another party. If you're that concerned about them then I'd have to say don't sell them.

I think that is the hardest part of raising birds. You want them all to be as spoiled as you would treat them but at the same time, you can't keep them all so you have to send them off into unknown territory. Sometimes it stinks.

Back
Top Bottom