1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Arkansas weather. If you don't like it wait, 70+ on Sunday, Snow today

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ThreeGlovers, Mar 4, 2008.

1. ThreeGlovers

ThreeGlovers Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2008
    Beebe, Arkansas
    Love this weather. It only takes a few hours to change around here. Check out these pics.

Robin in a tree

[​IMG]

Goldfish pond

[​IMG]

Our house

[​IMG]

Chicken coop

[​IMG]

Bo

2. BrahmaMama

BrahmaMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    South Dakota
    Nice pictures! I always feel bad for the robins up here; (they're not here yet) whenever they show up, we are guaranteed to have a snow storm [​IMG]

My husband is in Heber Springs to get a tree spade put on their truck...they are not looking forward to driving back in the snow...guess the roads are pretty curvy?

3. BearSwampChick

BearSwampChick Chicken Sensei

Jan 10, 2008
    Marysville, OH
    I know what you mean. It's the same thing here in central Ohio. It was 65 here Sunday and we're supposed to have freezing rain this evening and probably snow tomorrow. Yuk! I am so sick of winter!

Susan

4. MTtroutwithwings

MTtroutwithwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2007
    Montana Country
    Quote:Hey Susan, right there with you! We're getting the snow today, will be sending it your way tomorrow! [​IMG]
    Lori
    P.S. Check your PM [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  5. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Here in Oklahoma we had tornadoes Sunday night and a snowstorm on Monday. I know some parts of eastern Oklahoma got eight inches. How much snow did you get in Arkansas?

6. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Did I ever mention how much I hate Arkansas weather?!?
    Yes, we have several inches on the ground and I hate it! [​IMG]
    Growing up in the NC mountains I saw all the snow I ever need to see, thank you very much.
    My SO's vacation starts today and we have a coop to build, a goat yard to fence, and a garden to disk and till. Not exactly the weather we hoped for. Not gonna be getting on the bike for a few rides either. [​IMG]
    The only fun part about it is that it's Jake, Kitty, and Billy's first snow, so it's fun to watch their reactions. Charlie Girl, who also grew up in NC, wanted to go out, but like me she took one look at it and went back to her bed.
    Finished ranting now. Thanks for the opportunity. [​IMG]

7. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    We were close to 80 here on Saturday, then we got snow on Monday night.

8. MTtroutwithwings

MTtroutwithwings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2007
    Montana Country
    Quote:Where is Poolville? My sister lives in Universal City, near San Antonio, anywhere close? I would love to laugh at her if they got snow! [​IMG]

Lori

Last edited: Mar 4, 2008
  9. ilovemychickies

ilovemychickies Chillin' With My Peeps

We got a bunch of snow last night. I love it! [​IMG] I haven't seen snow in a couple of years. All the snow is melting though. There's only a touch left in the shady areas. [​IMG] Send me some more snow please! [​IMG]

10. hooligan

hooligan Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2007
    Arkansas
    ThreeGlovers, where in AR are you? Looks like you got more snow than we did. I love your pix!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by