Arrested For A Balloon Fight-Are you kiddin'?!?!?!?!?!?!

I think it's situation like this where everyone should just put on their big kid britches and suck it up. You don't have to sue for everything and you don't need to go to jail for everything. Be GLAD it was water and not meth, sheesh.

^ *applause* Precisely... weird thing though is that I don't think it was one of the kids, got injured, whined, so parent called in... I think it was just a neighbor who was annoyed with kids playing... what is THAT? Like you said, just be glad it isn't drugs.

Quote:
since everyone has low money, the police do everything to arrest someone!
sad.png
sad.png
sad.png

We don't randomly arrest people in court for contempt to make money. Contempt of court is an order set forth by the judge. And you don't think there might actually be more to the story than the simple act of chewing gum? C'mon ...

The contempt of court charge was purely for the chewing and blowing of a bubble in the courtroom. The man was in court awaiting his own hearing for a different charge at the time. The judge is well known here for his harsh penalties and no nonsense approach to matters in his court. In the same article it was documented that the Judge ejected a lady for sighing loudly while court was in session . Its not that chewing gum is so bad...Its about respect for the Judge and the courthouse and what it represents.

For sighing? Really? Gum I can understand, if you sneeze it could land in the hair of the person in front of you. Or some dork might stick it to the underside of the table. Just like school, I can see that, but it really should be posted (likely says No Food or Drink, they should say including gum, candy,etc)... but sighing? I guess if accompanied by eyerolling and such when talking to him... but in the cheap seats, naw I don't get that at all... sigh could be expulsion of a deep breath, or an emotional response to something... last I checked emotion and breathing were both allowed...

Anyone ever see the episode of South Park (this is what comes of losing control of the remote years ago) where the fat one goes sheriff and screams "Respect my authority" over and over... this judge kinda reminds me of that.

A few years ago, there was s story about two little boys, I don't remember their ages, but maybe 2nd or 3rd grade, who were playing at school. They were playing cops and robbers or something. One kid pointed his finger at the other and said, "Bang!" He got suspended because they have a zero tolerance policy about weapons in school. So some overzealous fanatic at the school decided that that kid's finger was actually a weapon and he might really shoot somebody with it?

The water balloon incident is the same type of thing. And sometimes, no, there isn't more to it than that, it's just some nut wants to make a big deal out of every little thing.

When I was still working, co-worker friend of mine, a mellow, sedate, very countrified-sounding woman, showed up at work with her hair dyed kind of a reddish purple. I was surprised, but didn't say anything, I figured maybe regular hair colors just got boring or something. Later, I found out that her daughter had dyed her hair that color, then got kicked out of school for it. My friend then dyed her hair the very same color, went to the principal's office, and said, "I understand you have a problem with the color of my child's hair." Her daughter was immediately reinstated and allowed to return to school.

These people who over-react to small incidents, really need to get their priorities straight, and figure out what things are a REAL problem, a REAL danger, and forget about the make-believe dangers. There are so many things that are only a problem if somebody makes it a problem.

Quote:
Now THAT is a clever Mama. Perfect Non-Violent protest if I ever saw one... and the sarcasm earns major points too. We had a kid get a mohawk (all of a 1/2" tall) when I was a kid (appx 7th grade) and he was booted... I can't imagine the principal's face if mom had showed up with the same... my Uncle/Aunt justified their son's mohawk by drawing on Indian heritage. Personally I think that was their quest, not his. Mainly because it was mom that shaved all but that stripe every morning. He certainly wasn't going to do it. *shrug*

Live and let live... used to be the American way... now it's more like live and I'll call code enforcement.
roll.png

The neighbors thanked the police for stepping in... theres a reason for that. I bet these kids have been causing trouble in the neighborhood before..
There is more to the story... you can count on it.
And now the mother wants to sue? Give me a break... she didnt even know WHERE her kid was and that he had been arrested. I can bet that kid is used to running the roads with no supervision..

Quote:
That's about all we can be sure of. Media stirs up a storm to get hits, then just sits back and watches the show. They only include the tidbits that will get the mob unruly. That's how they sell their product. Only the kids (biased one way) and the officers (biased another) actually know what happened.

When I was still working, co-worker friend of mine, a mellow, sedate, very countrified-sounding woman, showed up at work with her hair dyed kind of a reddish purple. I was surprised, but didn't say anything, I figured maybe regular hair colors just got boring or something. Later, I found out that her daughter had dyed her hair that color, then got kicked out of school for it. My friend then dyed her hair the very same color, went to the principal's office, and said, "I understand you have a problem with the color of my child's hair." Her daughter was immediately reinstated and allowed to return to school.

LOL,, it wouldn't have worked at our school. We have written in the handbook that the parents have to sign a form in saying they've read the rules,, that specifically states "No unnatural hair color" No it's not a control freak thing, it's a control your child issue. When you have kids with weird hair colors and styles it's very disrupting because everyone wants to look at it and point at it, and talk about it, and joke about it, and pick on the person,, it's disruptive in a classroom. I sent a mom home who came to school in a tank tap that said "F*& off and die!" I'd called her to school to bring her daughter decent clothes and she figured she'd show me,,,, I had security show her to the door and told her to come back dressed appropriately.​

It could just be that the neighbors have zero tolerance. My mother used to get irritated by the kids playing ball in front of our house because they were going to dent her car. She'd get all bent out of shape about it. She's lived in the same house for 30 yrs. and there has never been an incident with kids.

My son was suspended with a friend for 3 days because he was throwing rocks over the fence away from the school. A neighbor called to report the boys throwing rocks instead of just walking out the back door & asking them to stop. Zero tolerance...the boys were in kindergarden.

I think it's a matter of people having nothing better to do but complain and others trying to get something for nothing.

How timely, a friend just sent me this:

HIGH SCHOOL -- 1958 vs. 2010
Scenario 1:
Jack goes quail hunting before school, and then pulls into the school parking lot with his shotgun in his truck's gun rack.
1957 - Vice Principal comes over, looks at Jack's shotgun, goes to his car, and gets his new shotgun to show Jack.
2009 - School goes into lock down, FBI called, Jack hauled off to jail, and never sees his truck, or gun again. Counselors called in for traumatized students, and teachers.

Scenario 2:
Johnny and Mark get into a fist fight after school.
1957 - Crowd gathers. Mark wins. Johnny and Mark shake hands, and end up buddies.
2009 - Police called, and SWAT team arrives -- they arrest both Johnny, and Mark. They are both charged with assault, and both expelled, even though Johnny started it.

Scenario 3:
Jeffrey will not be still in class, he disrupts other students.
1957 - Jeffrey sent to the Principal's office, and given a good paddling by the Principal. He then returns to class, sits still, and does not disrupt class again..
2009 - Jeffrey is given huge doses of Ritalin. He becomes a zombie. He is then tested for ADD. The school gets extra money from the state, because Jeffrey has a disability.

Scenario 4:
Billy breaks a window in his neighbor's car, and his Dad gives him a whipping with his belt.
1957 - Billy is more careful next time, grows up normal, goes to college, and becomes a successful businessman.
2009 - Billy's dad is arrested for child abuse. Billy is removed to foster care, and joins a gang. The state psychologist is told by Billy's sister that she remembers being abused herself, and their dad goes to prison. Billy's mom has an affair with the psychologist.

Scenario 5:
Mark gets a headache, and takes some aspirin to school.
1957 - Mark shares his aspirin with the Principal out on the smoking dock.
2009 - The police are called, and Mark is expelled from school for drug violations. His car is then searched for drugs, and weapons.

Scenario 6:
Pedro fails high school English.
1957 - Pedro goes to summer school, passes English, and goes to college.
2009 - Pedro's cause is taken up by state. Newspaper articles appear nationally explaining that teaching English as a requirement for graduation is racist. ACLU files class action lawsuit against the state school system, and Pedro's English teacher . English is then banned from core curriculum. Pedro is given his diploma anyway, but ends up mowing lawns for a living, because he cannot speak English.
Scenario 7:
Johnny takes apart leftover firecrackers from the Fourth of July, puts them in a model airplane paint bottle, and blows up a red ant bed..
1957 - Ants die.
2009 - ATF, Homeland Security, and the FBI are all called. Johnny is charged with domestic terrorism. The FBI investigates his parents -- and all siblings are removed from their home, and all computers are confiscated. Johnny's dad is placed on a terror watch list, and is never allowed to fly again.
Scenario 8:
Johnny falls while running during recess, and scrapes his knee. He is found crying by his teacher, Mary. Mary hugs him to comfort him.
1957 - In a short time, Johnny feels better, and goes on playing.
2009 - Mary is accused of being a sexual predator, and loses her job. She faces 3 years in State Prison. Johnny undergoes 5 years of therapy.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom