Arrrr the hair!!!!

HA Ha! I'll be phasing out the golden retrievers (I think) as our two eldest are 12 & 14 yrs old. The other two belong to youngest daughter/son who are now adults. They shed daily, as much as an Icelandic Horse sheds in the Spring! At least I think I can, I love their beautiful color and personalities...I'm trying to stay w/weimaraners and my wolfxdog. I'm trying by telling myself that RIR's are just as beautiful as goldens, and they are...

we take turns sweeping and vaccuming , pretty nearly daily...

*sigh*..yup..i miss the days of being able to wear black...3 dogs, and 6 cats here...its a pain to keep up with...i am loving my hardwood floors though...much easier to keep clean...even if i have to vacuum at least 2x a day..
hmm.png
...for the furniture..a damp cloth works great..but my Dyson "Animal" works the best...it was expensive..but...it really gets up the hair great..

Yes, poodle types are helpful to prevent shedding.

However!!!! You would not believe how much SNOW poodle fur carries into the house! My poodle is a dingleberry tree of snowballs when he goes out and comes in - and he just LOVES snow. I cannot believe how a 20# poodle can carry in at least 20# of snow!

Leather furniture is great. Wood floors are great also. Just don't ask about the character marks (claw marks)
Yorkie don't shed have 2 of them, But the 20 lbs cat makes up for that. He gets brushed daily. It helps ALOT. There are products to help with shedding. Ask your vet or check at the pet store. Most are affordable especially if they save you the grief of all the shedding

I think I must be immune to it. If someone points out I've got pet hair on me I just say it's an accessory. The only alternative seems to be to wear tweed constantly.

6 English Setters in the house...Pergo floors were the best thing we ever did followed closely by a central vac system. My furniture is always covered with sheets. I wash about 3 loads of sheets a week. I just got a new sofa and any one who came to the house for the first week I would whip the sheets off the sofa and say "See this...you may never see it again!" lol

i was going to mention the rubber glove too but I also brush my dog often and that helps. Shes only a beagle with short hair but it still gets all over the place. I bought a short haired dog specifically because I didnt want hair all over the house and me.

hehe.

Hardwood floors that *match* your pets hair (works like a charm). We have blonde maple floors and a very light yellow lab that is a shedding machine! Our neighbors have light wood floors and a BLACK lab and that's a disaster in my book.
gig.gif

Washable slipcovers (as mentioned by Rosalind) are great too!

No black clothes and no fleece! Fleece is like a pet hair magnet. These are all things I think about when shopping for clothes! Will the dog hair stick to it or not?

Back
Top Bottom