Art School

930256D3-E0C9-477C-B74E-11C0BD2B3E7F.jpeg
Just when I begin to feel okay with my art, I see @daynedoe ’s avatar and seriously wish I could figure out how to add such lovely finishing touches. There are a few bits in the coloring of this piece that still look wrong, and I’d like to learn how to add neat little flourishes. Advice?

Idk, the light brown part of the Buckeye nuts just look incorrect. Also does it seem really pixelated to you? I don’t know why, it doesn’t look like that on my kindle. The file is 1000x1600

Oooh, an art thread. My life has been chicken themed recently :oops:

Screen Shot 2020-10-08 at 11.34.37 PM.png

View attachment 2365624Just when I begin to feel okay with my art, I see @daynedoe ’s avatar and seriously wish I could figure out how to add such lovely finishing touches. There are a few bits in the coloring of this piece that still look wrong, and I’d like to learn how to add neat little flourishes. Advice?
Their avatar seems to have a lot of pastels. if you want to go for that style I would go for less "realistic colors" and have fun with bright colors for that more stylized look! I also wouldn't go for gradients, cell shading would work better. Honestly though, if we're not going for a particular style, I think your art just needs more contrast, maybe some bright highlights so it doesn't seem so dark and flat.

Last edited:
Spent 16 hours ish drawing today. It's been ages and my arm is aching. My sister said this person she knows online wanted to find an artist to draw a picture for a card kind of like pokemon. She sent me what they had from google stolen photos they'd mashed together and I drew my idea on how it could look. I only did a sketch of the background, and this is as finished as it'll ever get because after I got to this point they told her that they're looking for someone to do all of them so that the style doesn't change. And since I don't need another job it wasn't going to be me.

stinky.jpg

I learned a lot about koalas, and now kind of want to make a humanoid with koala feet they're so weird.

Their hands have 3 fingers and 2 thumbs.

---

And then because I'd finally gotten the drawing stuff out I did a drawing of me messing around with my sister on among us. Both of us play with our character names as usernames so I stuck our characters in there.

Both of us were crew but didn't know for sure. Both of us were done tasks. After standing in the middle of the room for forever she (green) decided to go fake download, while trying to decide if I was going to kill her. I thought it was funny and went to look out the window at the stars.

Hal Kipp Nav.jpg

Spent 16 hours ish drawing today. It's been ages and my arm is aching. My sister said this person she knows online wanted to find an artist to draw a picture for a card kind of like pokemon. She sent me what they had from google stolen photos they'd mashed together and I drew my idea on how it could look. I only did a sketch of the background, and this is as finished as it'll ever get because after I got to this point they told her that they're looking for someone to do all of them so that the style doesn't change. And since I don't need another job it wasn't going to be me.

View attachment 2709021

I learned a lot about koalas, and now kind of want to make a humanoid with koala feet they're so weird.

---

And then because I'd finally gotten the drawing stuff out I did a drawing of me messing around with my sister on among us. Both of us play with our character names as usernames so I stuck our characters in there.

Both of us were crew but didn't know for sure. Both of us were done tasks. After standing in the middle of the room for forever she (green) decided to go fake download, while trying to decide if I was going to kill her. I thought it was funny and went to look out the window at the stars.

View attachment 2709023
What even is her character? Draw more of them? The Among Us one is so cute!

View attachment 2709021

---

View attachment 2709023
I truly missed seeing your art

What even is her character? Draw more of them? The Among Us one is so cute!
Some kind of gremlin? He's shorter than Kipp. Looks mostly humanoid but has needle like teeth. Looks super old and wrinkly even though he's not old.

I've tried drawing Hal before it's difficult. I may have to finish a few of the older pics I tried to draw.

I haven't been writing or drawing in a really long time so its hard to 'see' them.

Back
Top Bottom