Solved Article Posting? HELP!

Atchurch

Songster
Mar 13, 2023
I have been trying to post an article that I wrote but can't get it right, so now it just looks all messed up. I've emailed the "contact" email to ask if they can just delete it all for me and I can try and start over, but to no avail.

Someone out there must know something about this. Can anybody give me some pointers about how to do articles with pics and all that? AND/OR how to delete the one I started and messed up?

I appreciate all y'all!

Can you link the article so I can help you look at it? I am guessing that the format is getting messed up.

Did you type it up on BYC, or did you copy/paste from a word document?

Is this the article that you are talking about?

2023-07-12 (3).png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/how-we-built-our-run-coop.78754/

It appears that you have accidently created pages on your article, which is where the rest of your article is. Clicking on the Table of Contents, it has an option to view the full article. On the three dots next to the Table of Contents, there is an option to either delete or edit your article.

2023-07-12 (8).jpg

It also has the edit or delete option on the bottom:

2023-07-12 (4).jpg

What I suggest doing is open multiple tabs (each tab being a different page of your article), click edit on the Overview (main page), and copy everything from your article's other pages and paste it all on the Overview page. Then click Save.

2023-07-12 (12).jpg

Once that's all done, click the three dots in the top right corner, click Manage Pages, then delete (make sure you are on the Manage Pages page, not the Overview page!).

2023-07-12 (11).jpg

2023-07-12 (10).jpg

I hope this all helps!

Can you link the article so I can help you look at it? I am guessing that the format is getting messed up.

Did you type it up on BYC, or did you copy/paste from a word document?
Well, I tried to copy and paste from PDF. How do I link it?

Oh! Yeah! That's the one. So how do I get back to it? I have such a hard time in this app. Not the apps fault, all on me!

I went through the steps but there isn't a "delete" down there. Only "edit" and "history". Can't I just delete the entire thing and try again later on?

Actually the two things I see aren't edit and history at all...it's edit, but then SET COVER IMAGE. But no delete anywhere.

Back
Top Bottom