Articles that should be Threads

Sometimes when looking at the "new articles" page I see a bunch of articles that should be threads. I know that the staff takes care of those eventually, but is there any way I can help? I feel like the staff has a lot on their plate and I'm ready to help with whatever I can.
When I see a new article that should be a thread I comment on the article and let them know they're in the article section, and that they are more likely to get more replies if they create a thread in the appropriate forum, to which I provide a link.

Edited to add:
I do not rate these articles because doing so might hurt the member's feelings.

I know that the staff takes care of those eventually, but is there any way I can help? I feel like the staff has a lot on their plate and I'm ready to help with whatever I can.
This kind of thing is actually relatively easy (and a break from the more stressful items), so feel free to report the items.
When I see a new article that should be a thread I comment on the article and let them know they're in the article section, and that they are more likely to get more replies if they create a thread in the appropriate forum, to which I provide a link
This is BRILLIANT! If the person who made the article copies/pastes the content into a thread, then one of our amazing Volunteer Project Managers can then follow-up and delete the article.

When I see a new article that should be a thread I comment on the article and let them know they're in the article section, and that they are more likely to get more replies if they create a thread in the appropriate forum, to which I provide a link.

Edited to add:
I do not rate these articles because doing so might hurt the member's feelings.
Glad to know this, I will try it. Thank you!

This is BRILLIANT! If the person who made the article copies/pastes the content into a thread, then one of our amazing Volunteer Project Managers can then follow-up and delete the article.
Before deleting them I like to double-check that they did in fact start a thread. If they did, I will delete the article. If they haven't started a thread I will send them a conversation and explain the difference between the article and forum sections and suggest the start the thread.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom