1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

artificial incubation of peafowl eggs

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by pedda munnangi, Apr 19, 2012.

1. pedda munnangi

pedda munnangi Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 19, 2012
    Dear friends, I use a g q f styrofoah table top incubator with an automatic turner to hatch my peafowl eggs. Also, I turn the eggs 3 times a day manually. I set the temp at 99.5 F and hunidity around 50%. I usually hear the chicks making "peep ---peep" sound from inside the eggs at about 24.5 to 25 days incubation. I believe that the internal pipping took place inside and the chicks move into the airspace at that point. Now my question is at what point of incubation we stop turnig the eggs and remove them from the automatic turner and rest them on the wire mesh for hatching. Is it before or after internal pipping ? Almost all of my chicks hatch by the completion of 27 days.. Seek your input and personal experiences . Thanks.

2. frenchblackcopper

frenchblackcopper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    East central Illinois
    At around 25 days I take mine out of the trays and set in the bottom,,no more turning for last 3 days.

3. deerman

deerman Rest in Peace 1949-2012

Aug 24, 2008
    Southern Ohio
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by