"Artisan" tomatoes?

WalkingOnSunshine

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 8, 2008
Ohio
I've seen several seed companies have tomatoes from this company this year. Has anyone had a taste of them yet? I'm trying to decide whether to try them or not this year.

Thanks for the links. Obviously I'm not familiar with them at all.

It looks like they are a seed breeding company and are offering a packet of seven different varieties they have developed through that offer from Johnny's.

There's a discussion about them on Tomatoville.

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.php?t=25292

Not sure if I will try them this year. I have 30+ varieties on the wish list already.

Thanks. Looks like some who grew them last year are pleased. I may have to try them.

I like Johnny's, and I usually trust them when they say a variety is good. The problem is that I'm always so skeptical--conditioned by seed descriptions from companies such as Burpee where according to them, every plant is superlative and perfect and wonderful, and all are above average!

Try them!! I planted Striped Roman, Green Zebra and Violet Jasper and I love these tomatoes! Test them out and come back and tell us how they were!
frow.gif

This is an old thread, but I thought I would revive it.

This year I grew "Maglia Rosa" and "Blush" tomato varieties from Artisan Seeds. Both are great tasting, although I think Blush tastes the best - sweet and fruity. They are both beautiful elongated cherry tomatoes about 2" long. Maglia Rosa is pearly pink which can be grown in a container, and Blush is a yellow indeterminate. Thoroughly recommended :)

Linda

Back
Top Bottom