Asil (aseel) thread!!

Have an Asil (?) Rooster that needs to be rehomed in central Oregon, Prineville. (Near Bend) will trade for chicken food or poultry supplies, or $20.00 if that's more convenient. I don't need him and we were going to eat him but health setbacks have stalled that plan, and in the meantime he's become so very friendly that I'd really prefer to see him placed in a home.

They both got rehomed to an asil breeder, thank you!

This is a thread about all things asil, post pictures,stories,questions and more...have fun
wee.gif
Aseel or Saipan?

Hi all- new to the forum posting- I joined some time ago, but recently acquired some new birds. I purchased Aseels, but I have a suspicion these birds may be Saipans (coincidentally, I meant to buy Saipans, but got mixed up in ordering- can't change an order with this seller so stuck with it) I know the breeds are quite similar. I am very familiar with Jungle Fowl, growing up in SE Asia they were the only chickens around! And they were Everywhere.... but, I am not expert in the chicks. I really don't remember what they looked like (it was 30 years ago! and I was a kid) I just remember the roosters.. those mean, violent roosters. The picture shows them in a smallish cage, but note they're not cramped- that cage door is always open, & they have full run of an 8'x8'x 6foot high kennel that is open "floor" on a green grass yard. They are being started on Purina medicated chicken starter and another starter I also got which I can't remember the name of- & I also have them on sprouted flax seed & whatever little bugs & things they dig out of the yard. At 7 days old, they were chasing, and catching! Mayflies & eating them. When larger, they'll be free roaming in the yard or in a chicken run.
There are some various Japanese long-tailed breeds in the background (the chipmunk looking ones) don't worry- I won't be letting those Japanese get hurt by the Asian fowls.

Attachments

• 8 day chicks close up.JPG
    8 day chicks close up.JPG
    461.5 KB · Views: 8
Aseel or Saipan?

Hi all- new to the forum posting- I joined some time ago, but recently acquired some new birds. I purchased Aseels, but I have a suspicion these birds may be Saipans (coincidentally, I meant to buy Saipans, but got mixed up in ordering- can't change an order with this seller so stuck with it) I know the breeds are quite similar. I am very familiar with Jungle Fowl, growing up in SE Asia they were the only chickens around! And they were Everywhere.... but, I am not expert in the chicks. I really don't remember what they looked like (it was 30 years ago! and I was a kid) I just remember the roosters.. those mean, violent roosters. The picture shows them in a smallish cage, but note they're not cramped- that cage door is always open, & they have full run of an 8'x8'x 6foot high kennel that is open "floor" on a green grass yard. They are being started on Purina medicated chicken starter and another starter I also got which I can't remember the name of- & I also have them on sprouted flax seed & whatever little bugs & things they dig out of the yard. At 7 days old, they were chasing, and catching! Mayflies & eating them. When larger, they'll be free roaming in the yard or in a chicken run.
There are some various Japanese long-tailed breeds in the background (the chipmunk looking ones) don't worry- I won't be letting those Japanese get hurt by the Asian fowls.
Here's another pic maybe better

Attachments

• 10 day old chicks Saipans or Aseels.JPG
    10 day old chicks Saipans or Aseels.JPG
    156.4 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom