asil or cross asil hen?

alibaba

Songster
7 Years
May 19, 2012
here is my hen, i bought her because i want a good broody hen. my friend advice me to buy a asil hen. she starts laying and today laid her 8th egg plz tell me when she will go for broody and is she asil or cross??
in her nest box i put 8 dummy eggs to encourage her. plz reply

Although I am not an Asil expert, I think that your hen is an Asil. If not an Asil, she is another similar-looking breed, like a Malay or Shamo. As for going broody, a hen will go broody when she is ready. You can't really predict when or force her to go broody, she'll brood when her instincts tell her to.

In my opinion, she is an Asil cross. She just looks a little too tall to be an Asil. However, she likely still has some Asil in her, though she could also have some Malay or Shamo (two breeds that look similar) in her. It depends on the bird as to when they go broody. Some go broody not long after laying their first eggs, but other birds never go broody, even if they are a broody breed. Asils are generally broody, but they are not as broody as Silkies.

Hope this helps!

here is my hen, i bought her because i want a good broody hen. my friend advice me to buy a asil hen. she starts laying and today laid her 8th egg plz tell me when she will go for broody and is she asil or cross??
in her nest box i put 8 dummy eggs to encourage her. plz reply
I know this post is old ...
Idk if u still active here guys but I really need help mate ur chicken looks like mine will u plz tell me how old is it and can u tell me age of my 3 aseel hens will they lay eggs ?? Ty if anyone still there plz share ur knowledge

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    254 KB · Views: 20
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    631 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    663.6 KB · Views: 24
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg