Ask a chef

Wow almost what I made last night....

head of garlic Very finely chopped
Fresh lemon and zest Three lemons Not much juice in them and zest from half of one lemon. About a quarter cup.

Good olive oil Probably too much

Onion very finely chopped about a half cup

a bit of mustard maybe a tablespoon

I dont have Rosemary But I used Herbs De Provence savory, marjoram, rosemary, thyme, and oregano. Lavender leaves are also included in products in the North American market. When I cook with the one I have I detect a bit of cinnamon... and I like it.

I don't have a mortar and pestle but I chopped everything up very fine and placed it all in a jar... Shook it up and let it set

My plan is to place the lamb in a seal-able bag and pour the liquid marinade in there... So Its not a rub... Right now the whole thing is about two cups... the Lamb weighs about a pound and a half.

Why the extra fat inserted... Bacon or goose... I know why in very lean meats... But this is very marbled But its from a leg so why I am braising it. Connective tissue.

deb
Mortar and pestle is very important! It gets all the good stuff out!
The goose/bacon give some smoked taste that is very nice.

Gotta be used sparingly, imo - it’s good but can get on top of things if yer not careful :D
Learned that one a while back.... LOL. My son mixes it in Canned tuna... Not a fan myself.

But Paprika Garlic Salt pepper mixed up and tossed in buttered popcorn makes it taste almost like Doretos... :drool:pop

deb

Learned that one a while back.... LOL. My son mixes it in Canned tuna... Not a fan myself.

But Paprika Garlic Salt pepper mixed up and tossed in buttered popcorn makes it taste almost like Doretos... :drool:pop

deb
Canned tuna, fresh chilli, vinegar, onion and mayo is a decent combo - but not smoked paprika - a bit of a strange one, imo :confused:

The latter option sounds ok but it may interfere with the gin :confused:

Back
Top Bottom