Ask a chef

Pics
With this:
I made some cheddar cauliflower soup with a good deal of this in it, and it was fabulous.
k2-_a72e3ef0-d6d8-4a44-afe7-5ff14a71b182.v1.jpg

Ohhhh that's good stuff. I use that on my breakfast burritos I make when we camp.

Any ideas what I can do with left over sirloin steaks I grilled last night?

Personally I'd fry some onions, mushrooms, garlic and herbs of spices of choice with some stock - thicken sauce, cool and then make a pie. Not healthy, but good.

Ct

With this:
I made some cheddar cauliflower soup with a good deal of this in it, and it was fabulous.
k2-_a72e3ef0-d6d8-4a44-afe7-5ff14a71b182.v1.jpg
funny I use a garlic version of this in my hollandaise at brunch.
What's cheeseburger soup.... I have never heard such a thing..

Thinking of something cooling. It's 86 degrees today.

Pretty much what it sounds like minus all the bread And lettuce. Haven't made it in quite a while I'd have to look up a recipe.

With tortilla, I'd make what we call in Kenya "kachumbari" - thinly sliced onions, tomatoes, chillies, cilantro - salt n lemon juice. Kinda cuts thru the richness of the meat and is a standard accompaniment to meat in this neck of the woods. Just a basic salsa, I guess. Chimichurri (spelling?) would be a good option also I'd say.

With tortilla, I'd make what we call in Kenya "kachumbari" - thinly sliced onions, tomatoes, chillies, cilantro - salt n lemon juice. Kinda cuts thru the richness of the meat and is a standard accompaniment to meat in this neck of the woods. Just a basic salsa, I guess. Chimichurri (spelling?) would be a good option also I'd say.

I have all those ingredients. Sounds like I can get creative tonight!

Good stuff - I'm having veggie stir-fry :( still I got some steak in the crockpot begging to be made into a pie tomorrow :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom