Ask the "know-a-lots"

chattery41

Songster
5 Years
Oct 23, 2014
near Cleveland TN
I think there should be a thread like "ask the experts". That way we can post questions and the people with the most experience can answer or give opinions or advice. Just an idea.

I think there should be a thread like "ask the experts". That way we can post questions and the people with the most experience can answer or give opinions or advice. Just an idea.
Good idea in theory, however my concern would be that the one thread would have the potential of questions being missed, etc. as the topics jump from post to post as opposed to the individual questions being posted as a thread of it's own or, at the very least, within another thread on the same general subject.

That's a very good idea. I think i will. lol

It can be difficult to get exactly what you're looking for. There's a lot of do-gooders that just want to help or offer support, but sometimes its just not enough. But at the same time sometimes they are extremely helpful while you wait for someone with a considerable amount of knowledge in the area you're searching.

Also you could try to pinpoint which members may know what you need and try to message them directly.

You might have a point there but i went ahead and posted so we will see how it goes. With any thread u take a chance that someone misses ur question or someone who knows anything about ur issue. So we just have to post again and hope for the best.

I hope you find what you're looking for.

Sometimes it's good if someone else posts, then it bumps it up and there's a chance the right person will see it.

The best thing to do is to post in the category that best suits your topic. Also a title that is related to the issue will help.
Posting "Help!" or some such will often be overlooked. But in your case something like "Is My Flock Too Closely Related?" would be better.

For example, I moved yours from the Announcements section to the General Breeds section, since it had to do with a possible genetics issue.

That way the people who know about these subject and who are active in those areas will see your question.

Last edited:
The best thing to do is to post in the category that best suits your topic. Also a title that is related to the issue will help.
Posting "Help!" or some such will often be overlooked. But in your case something like "Is My Flock Too Closely Related?" would be better.

For example, I moved yours from the Announcements section to the General Breeds section, since it had to do with a possible genetics issue.

That way the people who know about these subject and who are active in those areas will see your question.
goodpost.gif

Back
Top Bottom