Aspergillosis in one day old chic???

Were these chicks hatched by you or shipped to you? How warm is your heat source?
Sorry forgot to answer this. I ordered them through the mail. I received 14 and I incubated them. All 14 hatched with no issues.
I'm using a basket with a small soft blanket and a heating pad underneath. I keep it right next to the container I have the mama and other 13 chics in. It likes to be close to the others.

Ok so everyone knows, the chick was doing this beforehand. That's what caught my attention. I did not start giving it drops of honey liquid until I separated it from its mama. I wanted to make sure it stayed hydrated. I've been extremely careful. Like I said, I had a tiny bead of liquid on the tip of the syringe and would hold it to the tip of its beak and it would drink it. But it was doing this behavior beforehand when it was with its mama and the other chicks. I'm trying to prevent it from dying.

Ok so everyone knows, the chick was doing this beforehand. That's what caught my attention. I did not start giving it drops of honey liquid until I separated it from its mama. I wanted to make sure it stayed hydrated. I've been extremely careful. Like I said, I had a tiny bead of liquid on the tip of the syringe and would hold it to the tip of its beak and it would drink it. But it was doing this behavior beforehand when it was with its mama and the other chicks. I'm trying to prevent it from dying.
In the video at end, there's a bit of poop, is the chick pooping from the vent or is there leakage from someplace else?
Any swelling of the navel - is the navel closed?

The way the chick acts, to me, there's something inside the beak or throat. Look again for a hair, string, etc. Flashlight and you're good helper - relook closely.

I drop of liquid at a time next to the beak and letting her take it in is a very good idea, so I'd continue to do that - it's how I give drops to my chicks.

Keep us posted.

Back
Top Bottom