Assess thyself

That's the one that I failed right?
Yes lol
I think I would have scored significantly lower at like age 15, but hopefully the vocab gains are due to actual ability rather than artificial inflation. I have doubts cuz I've forgotten many words more than once, however I think that vocab measures more than long-term retrieval and storage. Especially if it's tested in a way that requires reasoning, like the antonyms task probably does.

Yes lol
I think I would have scored significantly lower at like age 15, but hopefully the vocab gains are due to actual ability rather than artificial inflation. I have doubts cuz I've forgotten many words more than once, however I think that vocab measures more than long-term retrieval and storage. Especially if it's tested in a way that requires reasoning, like the antonyms task probably does.
I'm going to retake it this evening.

I'm going to retake it this evening.
Some of the items require careful analysis in order to determine the option which is the most opposite. When I took the unedited 1984 SAT form without passage comprehension, one of the two antonyms that I missed was "fracture", cuz I selected a less-than-ideal but superficially option, and that made me feel particularly dumb. I feel like the analogies are more clear because they provide more information to work with despite being less vocab-heavy, but like I said, the antonyms are probably the best item type objectively.

Though a score derived from sets of items of multiple types (as long as they're good ones) is far more meaningful than performance on a single item type.

@Sapphire Sebright did you ever take it? I wanna see if it aligns with that verbal test I gave you a long time ago. I gave it over text in conversation messages, but it's supposed to be administered auditorily so I'm curious about whether that impacted the results or not.

@Sapphire Sebright did you ever take it? I wanna see if it aligns with that verbal test I gave you a long time ago. I gave it over text in conversation messages, but it's supposed to be administered auditorily so I'm curious about whether that impacted the results or not.
I don't think that I did, no. I'll see if I can remember to take it later.

I don't think that I did, no. I'll see if I can remember to take it later.
It takes 10 minutes max (automatically timed for that), and probably takes less for most people since speed is a significant weakness for me and it took me like 6 minutes I think lol. Antonyms just don't require much time. I think you'll get maybe 15 or 16 scaled. And it is important to enter your age correctly cuz it adds a scaled score points for those under 18 as raw performance on the task goes up with age. The site also doesn't save any data from attempts; the scoring is conducted by the browser I think.

I know the individual who put together the test and I think they're pretty skilled at statistics, as my score on the antonyms aligned pretty much perfectly with PPVT-4. Did awfully on the general knowledge though. Hopefully it'd be better if I read more, as unfortunately I apparently read significantly fewer books than average. I've started many books but finished few 😫
And it would make sense if general knowledge were somewhat more dependent on exposure than vocab.

Man, I really wish I could just sit down and read longer texts. It seems like it takes forever to read a single page. Trying and being unable to is something that makes me feel particularly incapable. But objectively it seems likely that it's "just" an attention issue, even though it feels like a lack of overall ability in the moment.

It takes 10 minutes max (automatically timed for that), and probably takes less for most people since speed is a significant weakness for me and it took me like 6 minutes I think lol. Antonyms just don't require much time. I think you'll get maybe 15 or 16 scaled. And it is important to enter your age correctly cuz it adds a scaled score points for those under 18 as raw performance on the task goes up with age. The site also doesn't save any data from attempts; the scoring is conducted by the browser I think.
Please tag me as a reminder later this afternoon, and I'll take it sometime today. I'm a bit busy right now, sorry.

Back
Top Bottom