Assorted Breed Chicks from TSC

I think that yellow one is a Leghorn and the orangeish one is probably a red sex-link. My neighbor got a doz of the straight run chickies last spring that looked just like your yellow and orangish chick. They grew into red sex-links but his roos were completely white. But this is my guess only .... I am in no way an eggspert!
wink.png

And felidaet, "The comb on the white one sure seems developed for such a young chick. Hum..." I was thinking the same thing. But it's still early! I'm trying to send out pullet vibes!
fl.gif

rsf31tmp - I am sure there are gold sex links. I have two just like them.

Just a friendly comment. I see that you are pretty new to BYC. You should create a new message thread when you have a question if it is not in response to the active thread. This is hijacking a thread and is generally frowned on.

I just got my first set of chicks, and the black one with the white spotch on her head looks eggsactly like my barred rock.
Good Luck!!!
the tips on my babies little wings already show the white markings...

These chickies are about 5 weeks old now, the one that started with the white spot on its head is a barred rock, the orange ones are red sex link pullets and I'm pretty sure the white ones are leghorns. The other black one looks like an australorp still.
smile.png

I have white pullets from TSC as well- they looked just like your yellow one a couple of weeks ago
smile.png
. They're getting pinfeathers now....anyway, the guy at TSC said they were white Leghorns. They were in a bin with red ones- not as deep red as yours, I was told they were a rhode island red "crossbreed" which I assume means some variety of red sex link.

I know the knowledge of TSC employees isn't always the gospel, but in this case, with my chicks at least, I'm thinking he was correct
smile.png
These are my first chicks but since I've got 3 just like that, I figured I'd chime in!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom