Assorted Free Bantam Roos in NY state (another update!)

Ellie_NY_chick

Songster
11 Years
Jul 1, 2008
Finger Lakes, NY
Unfortunately I have too many roosters and some have to go to new homes. I'm attached to each of them so this is very hard for me. They're all bantams, definitely not show quality, and healthy. All are about 15 weeks old.

I have:

A lavender/grey cochin named Henry who is very tame and quite calm. He comes running when he sees me and is a good flock protector and isn't rough on the hens. Henry has been adopted! Hooray!
yippiechickie.gif

A golden Campine named Tommy. Tommy has a game bird personality and is very handsome. He would make a great flock protector.

A red Cochin named Liam, who is very shy and gets picked on quite a bit. He needs a flock of his own and he'll probably flourish. He never crows, although that may change.
yippiechickie.gif
Liam has found a new home with all the hens to himself! Hooray!

A beautiful Mille Fleur named Elvis, who crows beautifully and loves the hens (maybe more than they want). Elvis has been adopted and has a Mille Fleur hen of his own! Hooray!
yippiechickie.gif

Lastly, one of my favorites, Tyler, a mix that appears to be a Sebright/Modern Game. He's a total clown who's a constant source of entertainment. He's very tame for me, but he's got that feisty game bird personality. His latest game is to hunker way down in a nest box until he's under all the hay and he just sits there and chatters away. He also sits with his legs stretched out in front of him, like a person would. He loves attention and lets me hold him like a baby. He also has the loudest crow I've ever heard - it's ear splitting. When I was picking out chicks this spring he jumped out of the top of the brooder into the box on the floor, which was about a 5 foot fall, and it didn't even faze him. He's also the bird butt you see on my avatar. He's very small but he doesn't know it.

Please if you have a place for one of these special guys, let me know. As you can probably tell, these birds are well loved and difficult for me to give up, but I just have too many boys and not enough room to add more hens. The situation in my coop is getting out of hand and the boys are really starting to fight with each other. Thanks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom