Assortment Wanted for School Project

actarheel

Hatching
11 Years
Apr 6, 2008
I'm trying to acquire an assortment of eggs for a first grade classroom incubation project. Chickens, ducks, a few turkeys, maybe a few guineas, maybe some quail. I have two incubators so I'm probably looking at a max of 24 to 30 eggs. We've done this before and the kids really enjoyed seeing all the different chicks. I'm hoping to put them in the incubator by 4/18 so that they will be hatched by the time school is done. If that doesn't work, they won't get in until the week of 4/28. This is not a high budget operation so I'm hoping for reasonable price and shipping. We are in northern Maine (Aroostook County) and I haven't been able to find a local source for any fertile eggs at all! I appreciate your consideration in advance.

I could do some ringneck pheasant, muscovy, buff orp., turkeys and guineas in a box. But would probably be MOSTLY orps as our turkeys are broody and we've only got three ducks, one is sitting on eggs and not laying. I guess a good number of pheasant and guineas would be in there too, but we moved them today and are not sure how they'll respond to the move as far as laying.
If you're interested, PM me for the price as I will do a special price for school projects.

Stacy

I've had great support on here for my school project, you'll have a blast! We have hatched chicken, quail, and ducks, and have pheasant in the bator now. We are aiming for ducks next! Plan who goes in what bator together very carefully, we found that out right away!
Kate

i can do full-size chicken eggs, runner duck eggs and of course serama eggs. no charge on eggs. just shipping... let me know...

remember that turkey,guinea's-reg ducks- take 26-28 days to hatch

muscovy-35 days

and serama- and reg chickens take 19-21 days to hatch.

frank

I can get you:

chickens--- pure & mixed----standard and bantam
ducks------- calls and standard---- runners, cayuga, snowy mallard
turkey---------black spanish and bronze
pheasant------ringneck
quail---------japs
guinea-------- pearl and white
and geese--------- pure and mixed------ Poms and african[pure] and buff[mixed]

I wouldnt charge for the eggs, you just pay shipping........ed............Portland, IN............

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom