At 0350 in the morning

How interesting! My DH came home with a dumped Pom, too, about a year ago. So weird. Beautiful and obviously trained dog. He found a home for her with another woman who had stopped to help catch her, though she came right to him. My family raised AKC Dobes when I was a kid, so I love that breed. You should PM when you're in Morganton-I'm in Mineral Bluff so just the next town over from your home!

Mineral Bluff! we are practically neighbors
woot.gif
We love it so much up there. We have friends with a cabin in Mineral Bluff on Sun Valley Rd I think. We go check on it when up there and go to eat Mexican in McCaysville. I would love to see your set up, I looked at pics. We want to live up there so bad. Our Doberman is sooo sweet but we are having a few new issues cause he wants to play with the smaller dogs and he is so big. More training I guess! But he is so smart I think he will learn. That is him in my avatar pic looking at the then 4 week old chicks. That is so weird about the Pom in almost the same area. We live on Maple Grove Road, just of of Loving Road or the highway. We came home in a bad storm the night before we were leaving and she came running from our porch up to our car. I thought she was a fox at first then she came right to me. She was so scared and it was a bad storm that night. I called a friend in the area that new the rescue people in Blue Ridge and they met up with us to take her that night cause we were leaving early in the morning. We thought maybe she was somebodies lost baby and they would be looking for her and we should not just take her. We thought she might be young but they said that she was about 9 years old, no chip and she had not been groomed in awhile. We couldnt tell much because she was wet and muddy and scared. They had to remove all her teeth cause they were bad. They did so much that I donated money on her behalf and they run a nice thrift store in Blue Ridge if you ever want to take stuff there. This was this past Christmas, she spent Christmas in the kennel :( , we called her Maple after our road but they named her something different then someone fostered her and she loved their dogs and a cat. I went by to check on her in Feb and if she was not adopted I was going to take her back home and figure something out. She was so sweet, but they adopted her to a nice woman that was pampering her and so that made me happy. They said that they get dumped dogs all the time. If we had not found her the coyotes in the area would have gotten her for sure, we live near big areas of forest. I shudder to think.

We plan on being up in mid August, i have just bought some Alpaca with a friend of mine up there that we hope to raise on our property some day up there. I would love to PM you when I come up if that's okay. I am enjoying all the things I am learning on this website. I am learning about Alpaca too. I am a firefighter in Florida and when ever I am having a long day at work I go on this website and read and dream. We are still working on our coop and run and I will post pics.

thanks again,

Strange, me and my dad also once found a dumped Pom. She was running like a mad man down an empty stretch of road, nothing but open country side and a few distant farm houses. No collar but very beautiful and obviously cared for at some point by somebody. We tried to find her owner with no luck and ended up finding her a good home for her with a neighbor since we owned cats which she had obviously never been around >.>...It just seems strange that people would dump these little people dependent dogs out in the country side >.<

I know, I can't imagine the type of person that could do that. See my post about the pom we found when I replied to Speckledhen. I can't imagine anyone dumping such a sweet innocent animal to a most certain horrible death in the wild.

Back
Top Bottom