At Ease Now!

RIVERA69R

Songster
11 Years
Jun 9, 2008
VENICE FL
My chickens started to lay last week and the first time I heard the EGG SONG was this sunday when I was off work, and let me tell ya I was a little concerned it was pretty loud. I live in an older community with no association and on municode all it said was no fowl running at large so I got my chickens in feb as babies and my two neighbors right next to me on both sides knew I was getting them but when i heard them I thought oh crud so I spoke with one neighbor two days ago but they said they dont hear them and if they did its know big deal so I told them I have an egg carton with there name on it, and yesterday I spoke with my other neighbor, now they have a two story home and the upper windows are always open and the front of my coop faces that way but to my surprise he said shoot we used to live on a farm and he said i heard them rustling around last night about 3am so i grapped my flashlight and looked down there to make sure nothing was triing to get them I told him thank you and if it does get a little much to let me know and i will put the front window up in the coop he said its fine so I gave him my first 6 eggs i collected so far and told him to give me the carton back and it will have his name on it. Just wanted to share the story stressing for a few days but opening the communication and giving eggs helps your peace of mind.
ya.gif
thumbsup.gif

Your situation sounds similar to mine. Mine sqawk a bit in the morning, but quiet down after the egg issue is over.
smile.png
Both my neighbors on either side of me don't mind and used to live on a farm and enjoyed the cackling and bok bok boks. But I worried when one of my babies ended up a rooster. I talked to both neighbors and told them I'm in the midst of finding him a home and to not worry, he won't be around for long.

They still said they didn't mind the crowing....
smile.png
but I still had to find a home for him, it isn't allowed where I live and I didn't want to cause any trouble. He's on a farm not far from me, even though I miss him (he was so sweet).

You gotta appreciate the good neighbors! A lot of the time they aren't so nice.....Good luck with your chooks!

Quote:
I just got rid of my flo who was really a floyd lol to the feed store and she gave me a sex-link that I am triing to intergrate with my other girls but yeah I am lucky the big egg song seems to be in the early afternoon so hopefully it stays that way

Back
Top Bottom