First broody hen! Come celebrate with me!

Aty439318

Chirping
Apr 27, 2023
Hello Everyone!

Its been a while (more than 8 years) since I’ve had chickens and about a month ago I bought for only $15 bucks (basically rescued) three Bantams or how they are called locally “Kikirikis”. The elderly guy who sold them to me said he was moving back to the Mainland and well I quickly noticed he was not taking very good care of them. I’m glad I was able to bring them home! Just couldn’t fathom the idea of leaving them with him. (Not judging though, he seemed like a nice person.)

After a few weeks both of the hens were laying. (In the same nest as expected. Haha) I was a little worried because they were not going broody. However, two days ago I came back from school (Uni) and this beautiful gal was in the nest. Wohoooo! She had 12 eggs under her, so I took six away just in case my other hen decides to go broody as well. I placed two on a different nest for her. I’m so happy and wanted to share with you guys! Can’t wait to see them.

Still don’t have a name for her! Any suggestions?

Attachments

• IMG_6143.jpeg
    IMG_6143.jpeg
    353.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6144.jpeg
    IMG_6144.jpeg
    463.8 KB · Views: 14
Hello Everyone!

Its been a while (more than 8 years) since I’ve had chickens and about a month ago I bought for only $15 bucks (basically rescued) three Bantams or how they are called locally “Kikirikis”. The elderly guy who sold them to me said he was moving back to the Mainland and well I quickly noticed he was not taking very good care of them. I’m glad I was able to bring them home! Just couldn’t fathom the idea of leaving them with him. (Not judging though, he seemed like a nice person.)

After a few weeks both of the hens were laying. (In the same nest as expected. Haha) I was a little worried because they were not going broody. However, two days ago I came back from school (Uni) and this beautiful gal was in the nest. Wohoooo! She had 12 eggs under her, so I took six away just in case my other hen decides to go broody as well. I placed two on a different nest for her. I’m so happy and wanted to share with you guys! Can’t wait to see them.

Still don’t have a name for her! Any suggestions?
Where did she get the eggs? Did they just appear under her?

Just noticed a made a mistake! Definitely, it has been more than a month since I bought them. 😂😂

Congratulations 🎊 instead you i would name her Betty 🧡
Thanks! 💙 I love that name. Plus, it reminds me of one of my faves dear Betty White. ✨✨

Since I already named this one, I will name my other hen Betty. (She was also nameless) Haha.

Back
Top Bottom