First broody hen! Come celebrate with me!

Hello Everyone,

Since we are already talking about her Haha I was doing my night rounds and noticed that her nest box was full of mosquitoes. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Its has been raining a lot here in the Caribbean since we are entering the most active part of hurricane season. (Coming from Massachusetts THIS has me freaking out. Haha.) Anyhow Haha Do you guys have any reccomendations as to how I may be able to deal with that? Iā€™m worried that she might be uncomfortable.

Hello Everyone,

Since we are already talking about her Haha I was doing my night rounds and noticed that her nest box was full of mosquitoes. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Its has been raining a lot here in the Caribbean since we are entering the most active part of hurricane season. (Coming from Massachusetts THIS has me freaking out. Haha.) Anyhow Haha Do you guys have any reccomendations as to how I may be able to deal with that? Iā€™m worried that she might be uncomfortable.
You might spray some insect repellent around the outside of the nest box. Not on her or in inside the box but around the edges. This should help repel them from bothering her.

Hello Everyone!

Its been a while (more than 8 years) since Iā€™ve had chickens and about a month ago I bought for only $15 bucks (basically rescued) three Bantams or how they are called locally ā€œKikirikisā€. The elderly guy who sold them to me said he was moving back to the Mainland and well I quickly noticed he was not taking very good care of them. Iā€™m glad I was able to bring them home! Just couldnā€™t fathom the idea of leaving them with him. (Not judging though, he seemed like a nice person.)

After a few weeks both of the hens were laying. (In the same nest as expected. Haha) I was a little worried because they were not going broody. However, two days ago I came back from school (Uni) and this beautiful gal was in the nest. Wohoooo! She had 12 eggs under her, so I took six away just in case my other hen decides to go broody as well. I placed two on a different nest for her. Iā€™m so happy and wanted to share with you guys! Canā€™t wait to see them.

Still donā€™t have a name for her! Any suggestions?

I congratulate you! She is so cute šŸ˜
I hope to see the babies soon

Hello Everyone!

Iā€™m on vacation in Spain and my Mom just sent me this picā€¦ Iā€™m so excited! (And a little sad since Iā€™m not there)

Sandy and her babies ā¤ļøāœØ

P.S. I will be posting pics of Betty (My other hen) as soon as I get home. She went broody as well and is currently sitting on 6 eggs.

Attachments

• 7db1c53b-3bf3-4a36-bc1c-d29ae291451f.jpeg
    7db1c53b-3bf3-4a36-bc1c-d29ae291451f.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 16
Okay honey
Hello! Iā€™m back with a few pics of the babies, Sandy, Betty and my dear Rooster Spots.

Unfortunately, from six eggs Betty only hatched two chicks (Still happy though). Iā€™ve been a little worried since I noticed a few bumps on the babies face. Since I live in a tropical climate, mosquitoes are a painā€¦ I dealt with that situation so hopefully it doesnā€™t turn out to be anything serious. Anyhow, Sandy and Betty have been sharing motherhood and Spots is an amazing father. He even calls the babies to eat and Iā€™ve seen him feeding them little pieces of fruits and crumbles from the feed. So cute!

P.S. Yes, the water feeder is horribly dirty. I promise you all I clean it every day, but somehow they manage to do a mess. Haha. Gotta love them!

Attachments

• IMG_6965.jpeg
    IMG_6965.jpeg
    907.1 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6963.jpeg
    IMG_6963.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_6962.jpeg
    IMG_6962.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 6
  • IMG_6961.jpeg
    IMG_6961.jpeg