At my wits end with my 3 year old

Quote:
You watch Super Nanny! Love her..
lol.png

Quote:
LOL, my dad used to give us absurd and scary reasons for us kids NOT to do things. This sounds like something he would have told us. He didn't want me or my brother touching the chlorine thingy that floats in the pool so he told us that if we touched it, the chlorine would melt our skin off. I can tell you we never touched it! (And it still scares me a bit to this day!
tongue.png
) He didn't want us sticking limbs out of car windows so he told us stories about children who got their limbs cut off by sticking them out windows. My parents were so weird sometimes, but I wouldn't change a thing about my childhood! We used to spend the night on our boat at the lake and my parents would bang on the sides and tell us stories about sharks that would eat us. We'd be crying hysterically and little did I know, they'd be trying not to laugh. I turned out fine in the end, but I'm sure my kids will go through the same thing!
lol.png
My brother and I used to love the scary stories though, even if we cried. Gruesome kids I guess!
big_smile.png

Same here! I STILL wont stick my arm out a car window...
lol.png

Quote:
LOL, my dad used to give us absurd and scary reasons for us kids NOT to do things. This sounds like something he would have told us. He didn't want me or my brother touching the chlorine thingy that floats in the pool so he told us that if we touched it, the chlorine would melt our skin off. I can tell you we never touched it! (And it still scares me a bit to this day!
tongue.png
) He didn't want us sticking limbs out of car windows so he told us stories about children who got their limbs cut off by sticking them out windows. My parents were so weird sometimes, but I wouldn't change a thing about my childhood! We used to spend the night on our boat at the lake and my parents would bang on the sides and tell us stories about sharks that would eat us. We'd be crying hysterically and little did I know, they'd be trying not to laugh. I turned out fine in the end, but I'm sure my kids will go through the same thing!
lol.png
My brother and I used to love the scary stories though, even if we cried. Gruesome kids I guess!
big_smile.png

Same here! I STILL wont stick my arm out a car window...
lol.png

gig.gif

I was told the cholrine thing would burn us as well! It would float by and Id dodge that thing like the plague!
I tell my kids stories too. The kids great granny (on the SOs side) is older and is scared the kids will go outside and she wont be able to run them down. She use to tell all the kids about "Soap Sally" that lived above the barn in her yard.
Theyd hear a stick fall out of the big tree onto the roof and shed say "You hear that?! Soap Sally must be out..."
lol.png

One of the kids in the family actaully thought Soap Sally would follow him home.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom