At what age will a Sex-link start laying ?

I will be out of town next week and have informed my girls that if one egg appears while I am not here there will be chicken stew for my home coming celebration meal! So they either need to do it this week or hold it for 2 more whole weeks!
fl.gif

We hit nineteen weeks and one of my girls laid her first eggs. The first was on Thursday and second on Friday! Yay, now if she could just teach the others . . .

I have 8 sexlinks about 18 weeks and one or two of them just started laying eggs today or yesterday.

So, since the first egg came last Thursday I've had one egg every day. Does this mean one chicken has produced these four eggs or have four different chickens produced one egg each?

By the way, I think that first egg was the cutest little torpedo egg I've ever seen.

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Your rooster lays eggs?

I have 2 Black Stars(sexlinks) - one started laying at 18 weeks, the other hasn't yet.
Every day I take the nice little brown egg one lays & show it to the other & call her a Slacker
tongue.gif

i have 6 cinnamon queens and two of them started laying last friday at 20 weeks and 2 days old. i have gotten a egg a day from them since yippeee now if the other 4 would follow.
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom