At what ponit do they start absorbing the yolk?

offshorewife

Chirping
11 Years
Jun 13, 2008
North Louisiana
I have 4 Serama babies hatching as I type. 4 have zipped and are really close to being out. 1 however looks like it is trying to keep up with the siblings but i'm pretty sure i see some light yellow yolk. At what point do they start absorbing the yolk? Is it after external pip or internal pip? Thanks!

Thanks. I think it's going to be a LONG night! I'm pretty sure I can see yolk that has yet to be absorb in two of them. I wonder why they zipped so stinkin' far out if the yolk wasn't absorbed? I've got the humidity up and wrapped a damp paper towel around the rest of the egg. Hopefully, they will now take their time and let the yolk absorb. These will be the first Seramas I have hatched and this entire batch of eggs has been weird. One issue after the other. I'm going to nix this old GQF cabinet bator and stick with my Hovabators until DH has time to total replace the wafers & heating element. I didn't expect these guys until tomorrow. The BOs that were in with the Seramas eggs haven't pipped yet.

near the foot of the chick, it's a black chick and this yellow stuff looks out of place. I didn't see this before in the last batch I had to help out because of humidity issues.

could just be poop, I mean the whole time they are in there they eat yolk, their poop is a whitish yellow colour as well. This thread is usless without photos and they would be much appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom