Atkins Diet?? Anyone do it?

Quote:
I'm at that point now. If I gain a couple pounds I can just diet and exercise and lose it. The surgery doesn't make you lose the weight. It's the change of eating habits. The surgery just makes it possible to follow the diet. Yes it would be stupid to have the surgery for just a few pounds. The surgery is for morbidly obese people that have failed at dieting. That is almost always the case with someone that is morbidly obese.

My surgeon had done 1587 surgeries when I had mine. He had 1 death. The guy died from a blood clot. Complications happen too. It's not a minor surgery. I felt it was a necessary surgery. Obesity is the biggest single problem facing the health of this nation. The diet industry is a huge industry because they get to sell their product to the same people over and over again.

At any rate I'm still fairly new to being a normal weight. Hopefully I will be able to maintain my weight. I had severe buyers remorse the first couple months. Most of it is psychological. Food is a big crutch for most people and it was for me too. Smelling a rack of ribs and not being able to eat them drove me crazy. I compare it to alcoholism. You know how bad it is for you but you just can't help yourself. Dieting has about the same success ratio as AA over the long run. I'm talking about people that go on a diet and lose 100 lbs or more. About 5% keep it off for more than 5 years. Those that do are usually good for the rest of their lives. I hope to be in that 5%. This surgery was my last final hope. If you are or have been morbidly obese you know where I'm coming from. If you haven't then you don't have a clue what I'm talking about.

My dr put me on Atkins diet last year to help treat my migraines (research proves low cards help migraines) and I HATED IT. I am way to close to being a vegetarian to eat all that meat. I like meat but I can also live without it. And I like my fruit. I don't eat a lot of junk food and even after sticking to the diet strickly for a few months, I did not lose weight and I noted no difference in my migraines so I stopped it. I think it depends on a persons body as to what works for them. I personally like a low calorie diet and I am not hungry with it. I just find the right foods that I can eat lost of and still stay under my calorie limit. I lost 90 pounds doing this. But after I got really sick (long term illness with no hope of a cure), I gained it all back. So I have been kicking around the idea of starting it up again because I am feeling a somewhat better. I have seen some poeple that do the Atkins diet and have fantastic results. I'm just not one of them.

Back
Top Bottom