Attacked by my Ameraucana Roo. Grrrrrrr!!

Well, my "favorite" roo, Leroy, jumped up on my shoulders (from behind me, as I was checking out some brand new baby chicks) and pecked me on the head! I got a hold of his leg and flung him into the coop ... caused a big ruckus with the head roo, Chief, and the hens. Usually it's Chief that attacks my legs .... he had been really awful until I bought 4 more hens to keep him occupied. Poor Leroy, though, Chief won't give up one hen for Leroy's company. Maybe when I put my hair up in a clip I looked like a predator roo .... who knows what goes through those bird brains...

Gwen

Quote:
smile.png
Maybe after I get a few chicks out of him he can come live with you.

Quote:
My sizzle roo, Elvis, is the head roo and whenever Bozo tries to mate one of the girls, Elvis will charge him and knock him off. Maybe he is just really frustrated. LOL!!

My very sweet gentle ameraucana roo attacked me once for no reason. It was a complete shocker and then he went on to do it several more times over like a month. I was going to sell him, but he was one of my favorites. One time he attacked my legs, I grabbed the closest thing to me which was a giant magnet on a broom stick, and I hit him hard enough to send him flying. He has not attacked since and that was a year ago. Needless to say, I still don't like turning my back on him anymore.

Sadly though, he passed away a week ago or so from unknown causes.

Back
Top Bottom