Attacking rooster

Oooooooh you're gonna get it! :smack Hahaha! Just kidding! :hugs

IKR! It was hard because the kids hatched him & raised him by hand. My oldest daughter is the only one he didn't want to kill. She still hasn't forgiven me for rehoming him.
Ya I bet I am give it a bit you'll see ;) I agree tho if demon chicken was that bad he would be part of a sunday roast dinner as the main star

A rooster that would attack your kids needs to be 1. given away 2. made dinner 3. penned up always and forever! Roosters that attack evolve, meaning that they start attacking legs and end up going for the face! I know, I've had nice roosters and two very bad roosters. My last bad rooster bloodied me one too many times and he's gone now. Do not put your kids in danger, don't put them through the possibility of being afraid of a chicken either! Move him on in one way or another. And don't wait for an epiphany either. Deal with him NOW!

cody bloodys my arm small.jpg Cody's look small.jpg That was "the look" before the attack.

Attachments

• DSC_0222 (12).JPG
    DSC_0222 (12).JPG
    254.3 KB · Views: 4
A rooster that would attack your kids needs to be 1. given away 2. made dinner 3. penned up always and forever! Roosters that attack evolve, meaning that they start attacking legs and end up going for the face! I know, I've had nice roosters and two very bad roosters. My last bad rooster bloodied me one too many times and he's gone now. Do not put your kids in danger, don't put them through the possibility of being afraid of a chicken either! Move him on in one way or another. And don't wait for an epiphany either. Deal with him NOW!

View attachment 1321776 View attachment 1321777 That was "the look" before the attack.
Thank you for sharing your experience! That is quite the look that guy had on his face!

Just one thought about the eggs under the broody... nasty personality is partly hereditary.

I had a horrid rooster once, but he was the only one that I had of that breed... so I hatched a bunch of eggs that he had fertilized, all of those roosters were just as bad as dad. I finally just gave up on getting a good rooster from that bad one.

Good roosters are much more likely to sire chicks that grow into good roosters.

When "locking up" a rooster- how much space do i give him, and shall I let him free range by himself? It may take me a while to rehome this a$$hole...

When "locking up" a rooster- how much space do i give him, and shall I let him free range by himself? It may take me a while to rehome this a$$hole...
If he's attacking people, I wouldn't let him free range at all. (I'd eat him, to be honest.) You don't want to put him in a little dog crate for any length of time - that would be cruel. I suppose you could go by the "recommended" 4 sq. feet indoors, and 10 sq. feet outdoors.

How could he free range by himself? They're pretty mobile creatures so he could move back to the flock pretty fast, couldn't he?
I have no kids, but I do have grandkids... there won't be any bad roosters here. I also have three crockpots and 2 freezers.

How could he free range by himself? They're pretty mobile creatures so he could move back to the flock pretty fast, couldn't he?
I have no kids, but I do have grandkids... there won't be any bad roosters here. I also have three crockpots and 2 freezers.
Well, I'd let him out on his own, and let my hens out when he was locked up.

Dog crate?--no i wouldnt do that.....Yeah- I have a 4x4 pen that he could be in for a few days. He doesnt attack me..

Back
Top Bottom