Attempt at knowing what i've got here

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Heathero617, May 23, 2011.

1. Heathero617

Heathero617 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    I posted pics on my thread under incubating and hatching, and no one has even attempted to answer the age old question. What kind of babies do I have? I am under tha assumption they are OEGB but not 100% and if they are, what color scheme are they? Any guesses welcome...also the sex if possible. Since i have 8 3 month olds that i'm not sure of their sex, would be nice to know if possible LOL

[​IMG] This one is black in one light, and like a mahogony in another light.

[​IMG] This one is red, really dark red, again like a mahogony color.

2. Heathero617

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    no guess takers?

3. <3ChickenForever

<3ChickenForever Fire Is Catching

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    maybe a little bit bigger for the pics. but maybe the second one could be an EE? Not sure. Maybe get some bigger picks with them standing up, from the side veiw. [​IMG]

4. Heathero617

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    [​IMG]

One more brown/black...this lil "guy" has a mean look at 24 hours old LOL

5. Heathero617

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    <3ChickenForever :

maybe a little bit bigger for the pics. but maybe the second one could be an EE? Not sure. Maybe get some bigger picks with them standing up, from the side veiw. [​IMG]

I'll try tomorrow, I didnt want to fuss with them too much and mama isnt real thrilled with me doing so either. Maybe when it gets nice and warm tomorrow afternoon, i'll attempt. I just figured i'd ask all of the guru's here on the forum because i've found several breeds that the little red one looks like, as well as the brown/black ones...but being such a newbie, i'm completely useless about most everything except what i've read here.​

6. <3ChickenForever

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Quote:I'll try tomorrow, I didnt want to fuss with them too much and mama isnt real thrilled with me doing so either. Maybe when it gets nice and warm tomorrow afternoon, i'll attempt. I just figured i'd ask all of the guru's here on the forum because i've found several breeds that the little red one looks like, as well as the brown/black ones...but being such a newbie, i'm completely useless about most everything except what i've read here.

Oh goood! [​IMG] And you'll learn a lot from here!

7. Heathero617

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    <3ChickenForever :

Quote:I'll try tomorrow, I didnt want to fuss with them too much and mama isnt real thrilled with me doing so either. Maybe when it gets nice and warm tomorrow afternoon, i'll attempt. I just figured i'd ask all of the guru's here on the forum because i've found several breeds that the little red one looks like, as well as the brown/black ones...but being such a newbie, i'm completely useless about most everything except what i've read here.

Oh goood! [​IMG] And you'll learn a lot from here!​

I'm trying to learn what I can!!! I have 8 others who i'm not sure of either. I was told 3 were dominiques, but then i find out they look a lot like barred rocks as well...one is a lot lighter in the breast area than the other 2 and seems "plumper". Then i have 3 white with black that I was told they were white rock/barred rock mixed. Those ones look so very much alike except one has the longer tail feathers than the other 2 and one of them is always scuffeling with one of the black barred ones. THEN >lol< i have 2 cochins, one has what appears as yellow-ish goggles around its eyes and the rest, for the most part is black whereas the other has a black "base" with some white on the breast and some gold-ish coloring at the "elbow" but is either molting his baby feathers or someone has picked on his back feathers and they are growing back in. I dont think i have any good pics of those either, but i'll try to get them as well. The only ones i'm sure of are my red sexlink girlies, my black silkie pair >who hatched these new babies out< and my cochins, although i'm not sure if their coloring is considered black or mottled or something else! LOL I know dogs and cats much better than poultry...but IM-MA LEARNIN!!!

8. <3ChickenForever

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Quote:Oh goood! [​IMG] And you'll learn a lot from here!

I'm trying to learn what I can!!! I have 8 others who i'm not sure of either. I was told 3 were dominiques, but then i find out they look a lot like barred rocks as well...one is a lot lighter in the breast area than the other 2 and seems "plumper". Then i have 3 white with black that I was told they were white rock/barred rock mixed. Those ones look so very much alike except one has the longer tail feathers than the other 2 and one of them is always scuffeling with one of the black barred ones. THEN >lol< i have 2 cochins, one has what appears as yellow-ish goggles around its eyes and the rest, for the most part is black whereas the other has a black "base" with some white on the breast and some gold-ish coloring at the "elbow" but is either molting his baby feathers or someone has picked on his back feathers and they are growing back in. I dont think i have any good pics of those either, but i'll try to get them as well. The only ones i'm sure of are my red sexlink girlies, my black silkie pair >who hatched these new babies out< and my cochins, although i'm not sure if their coloring is considered black or mottled or something else! LOL I know dogs and cats much better than poultry...but IM-MA LEARNIN!!!

I'd be happy to help anytime!!!

9. Heathero617

Mar 1, 2011
    Mosheim
    <3ChickenForever :

Quote:I'm trying to learn what I can!!! I have 8 others who i'm not sure of either. I was told 3 were dominiques, but then i find out they look a lot like barred rocks as well...one is a lot lighter in the breast area than the other 2 and seems "plumper". Then i have 3 white with black that I was told they were white rock/barred rock mixed. Those ones look so very much alike except one has the longer tail feathers than the other 2 and one of them is always scuffeling with one of the black barred ones. THEN >lol< i have 2 cochins, one has what appears as yellow-ish goggles around its eyes and the rest, for the most part is black whereas the other has a black "base" with some white on the breast and some gold-ish coloring at the "elbow" but is either molting his baby feathers or someone has picked on his back feathers and they are growing back in. I dont think i have any good pics of those either, but i'll try to get them as well. The only ones i'm sure of are my red sexlink girlies, my black silkie pair >who hatched these new babies out< and my cochins, although i'm not sure if their coloring is considered black or mottled or something else! LOL I know dogs and cats much better than poultry...but IM-MA LEARNIN!!!

I'd be happy to help anytime!!!​

Thank you very VERY much...you dont know what can of feathery worms you just opened LOL

10. <3ChickenForever

Feb 20, 2011
    WI
    Quote:I'd be happy to help anytime!!!

Thank you very VERY much...you dont know what can of feathery worms you just opened LOL

Anytime!! [​IMG] hahaha and if you want to PM me anytime you can!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by